how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

GTOV8

join:2006-02-04
reply to afd696

Re: Help identifying antenna tower brand to get accessories

Looks like a Universal Towers self-supporting aluminum tower. We use them all the time. www.universaltowers.com. The owner is very nice to work with. I suggest NOT using any sections that show the SLIGHTEST hit of damage. As a firefighter you know safety comes first. I trained hundreds of fire fighters for the Michigan Fire Marshals office back in my good days. We did some pretty wild training exercises, but we never took any chances at all. Be safe.

afd696

@rr.com

Thanks to all - looks like I will avoid utilizing this tower. It was not going to be self supported, the plan was to bolt it to a concrete floor, brace to a wall at a mid point and attach it to a very substantial metal roof truss system. There was going to be a static line for fall arrest capabilities that would have come off of the truss and be independent of the tower.

afd696

@rr.com
reply to GTOV8

Thanks to all - looks like I will avoid utilizing this tower. It was not going to be self supported, the plan was to bolt it to a concrete floor, brace to a wall at a mid point and attach it to a very substantial metal roof truss system. There was going to be a static line for fall arrest capabilities that would have come off of the truss and be independent of the tower.

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5
reply to GTOV8

said by GTOV8:

self-supporting aluminum tower.

Lot of rust for an aluminum tower.