uniqs
share rss forum feed

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to BKayrac

Re: Path of Exile

Why I like PoE better than D3:

- It's more like an MMO, common towns, can form groups in town, then open world is instanced to your group. similar to Guild wars 1
- Better customization of your toon! All of your abilities are NOT driven off of your selected weapon. You can be a two handed mace wielding, warrior, that can summon minions... or fire ice spells! Also this includes your traits/talent points.
- Gear actually has meaning! This isn't an auction house game. It's a treasure hunting game, where the gear you find and make improves you... not the auction house!

the more i play it the more addicted i get to it. I watched an end game video and it was very cool.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL
I think "better customization" is a MAJOR understatement. The amount of customization through gear, gems + support gems and the passive skill tree is staggering!! It is absolutely amazing really, the developers hit this one out of the park. You might dig this video that Chris Wilson is narrating about their development progress after 1 year.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHsw2zIa···ure=plcp

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1

1 recommendation

while this game is similar to D2, it is INNOVATION for the genre... the innovation I am so sad D3 did not bring...

the innovation I HOPE marvel heroes brings

D3 failure makes David Brevik happy
PoE success is making him nervous