Search similar:

uniqs

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

You do not realize how old a movie is...

Until they mention something obscure. I was laying here and saw Charlies Angels coming on so I watched. Fun silly movie...and Lucy Liu disguised as the "efficiency expert". Anyway, they mentioned getting a guys Palm Pilot to download his info. It was at that point that I looked at the date, 2000. I did not think it was that old.

I then thought about the whole premise, the guy wanting the software to find Charlie through voice recognition and not the GPS in his phone...because phones did not have a GPS then.

MacGyver

join:2001-10-14
Vancouver, BC

MacGyver

Remember even older movies and TV shows where the ransom demand would come by a phone call where the caller would muffle their voice with a handkerchief over the handset? Caller ID ruined that.

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut to donoreo

Anon

to donoreo
My favorites are old stuff from the 60's and earlier when EVERYONE smoked. Doctors. Housewives. Hell, sometimes you'd even see a service station attendant pumping gas with a butt dangling from his mouth
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to donoreo

to donoreo
I was watching a movie and the prevalence of substantial hair encroachment into the chicks nether regions led me to the guide and a production date in the 80's.

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc to donoreo

to donoreo
Crap! I feel even older! I remember watching the ORIGINAL Charlie's Angels back in the Seventies!
Expand your moderator at work

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker to milnoc

Premium Member

to milnoc

Re: You do not realize how old a movie is...

said by milnoc:

Crap! I feel even older! I remember watching the ORIGINAL Charlie's Angels back in the Seventies!

And I've been watching it on Netflix recently.

I don't remember if I watched it in first run (might have been too young), but it might be I watched it with my dad.

sm5w2
Premium Member
join:2004-10-13
St Thomas, ON

sm5w2 to milnoc

Premium Member

to milnoc
> Crap! I feel even older! I remember watching the ORIGINAL
> Charlie's Angels back in the Seventies!

You and me both.

I had the Revel model of their van.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

I was watching a movie and the prevalence of substantial hair encroachment into the chicks nether regions led me to the guide and a production date in the 80's.

Which 'documentary' were you watching?
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by MaynardKrebs:

Which 'documentary' were you watching?

I believe one of the ones with the world's preeminent actor Sir Ron Geremy.
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Ah yes, a great thespian.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
I forced the boys to watch Wargames a little while ago. You know the part where Matthew Broderick "plugs" in his phone to his modem to call the WOPR?

A ten minute explanation of all of those items followed by howling laughter ensued.

Oinktastic
Let them use fibre
join:2005-08-24
Scarborough

Oinktastic

Here's a nice webcomic illustrating the exact topic of this thread: »xkcd.com/891/

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
One thing that dawned on me when my son was born...

Star Trek TNG had been off the air longer when he was born, than TOS had been off the air when I was born.

Yeah.
Riamen
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Calgary

Riamen to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
I use to watch Star Trek TOS when it originally aired.

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini

I was watching "Leathal Weapon" and realized what era it was from when Danny Glover made a phone call from a bridge and his cellphone was as big as a brick and was hard-wired to a car battery he was holding with his other hand.

Wow I loved Star Trek TNG... it was less serious and more comical than the original one and I loved that. DATA was hilarious with his inhuman wit and intelligence.

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut

Anon

Ya know, you guys are all smugly making fun of our childhood.

Just remember, "Grandpa's Generation" made it to the moon and back with less computing power than a Casio wristwatch

Somehow I think the accomplishments of a generation who can't spell without spellcheck, add without a calculator or drive crosstown without a GPS pale in comparison

rickardsred
join:2004-08-20
St Catharines, ON

rickardsred to donoreo

to donoreo
There was a Die-Hard movie marathon on one of the channels before Christmas and I noticed some of the same things....especially in the airport scenes....everyone smoking cigarettes, to the droves of people jamming around banks of public payphones to make calls. Not to mention the pimpin' limo ride Bruce Willis gets picked up in with its high-tech "car-phone" and AM/FM cassette stereo!

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to Riamen

to Riamen
said by Riamen:

I use to watch Star Trek TOS when it originally aired.

So did I. In black and white as we didn't have a colour TV.
DKS

DKS to lugnut

to lugnut
said by lugnut :

Somehow I think the accomplishments of a generation who can't spell without spellcheck, add without a calculator or drive crosstown without a GPS pale in comparison

Preach it, my aged brother!
DKS

DKS to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

Ah yes, a great thespian.

I believe that he stands out in his field.
DKS

DKS to sm5w2

to sm5w2
said by sm5w2:

You and me both.

Did you have the iconic poster of Farrah Fawcett?

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc to DKS

to DKS
said by DKS:

said by lugnut :

I was once almost tempted to throw a friend's GPS out of the window of his own truck! Bloody thing was SO annoying, and I already knew where to go! I don't need a bloody road nanny!

g121
play lordsgame com | Phone Cops are real
join:2004-05-28
Toronto
Hitron CODA-4680
Asus RT-AC86
Grandstream HT812

g121 to DKS

to DKS
said by DKS:

hi DKS ..

nope .. but i did have this one .. approximately same vintage : )) .. cheers
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

MaynardKrebs to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
said by DKS:

said by lugnut :

I still have my pocket protectors and slide rules.
MaynardKrebs

MaynardKrebs to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
said by DKS:

said by sm5w2:

You and me both.

This is all I had back in my era, 1 Million Years B.C.
My favourite pickup line back then was, "Woman, want to come my cave and see my stone stylus?"

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut to milnoc

Anon

to milnoc
said by milnoc:

said by DKS:

said by lugnut :

I was once almost tempted to throw a friend's GPS out of the window of his own truck! Bloody thing was SO annoying, and I already knew where to go! I don't need a bloody road nanny!

And remember... Grandpa's generation INVENTED Atomic Energy, Solid State Lasers, Integrated Circuits, Digital Circuits, Cellular Networks and the Internet and DISCOVERED DNA!!! And we did it all with slide rules and pencils!!!

I mean really, what has the current generation truly created? Facebook and Twitter??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Granpaws ROOL!!! Kidz DROOL!!!

Xstar_Lumini
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini to lugnut

to lugnut
said by lugnut :

Just remember, "Grandpa's Generation" made it to the moon and back with less computing power than a Casio wristwatch

Holy hell do you think we are teenagers? You mean our parents' generation made it to the Moon and back, not grandparents.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to lugnut

to lugnut
said by lugnut :

And remember... Grandpa's generation INVENTED Atomic Energy, Solid State Lasers, Integrated Circuits, Digital Circuits, Cellular Networks and the Internet and DISCOVERED DNA!!! And we did it all with slide rules and pencils!!!

Not to mention the foundation of all, TRANSISTORS (which came before IC's).

Xstar_Lumini
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini

You don't have to be ancient to have watched Star Trek the original series over the airwaves, in 1982 I used to watch it on KHOU t.v. station down in Texas.