Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to analog andy

Premium Member

to analog andy

Re: Memorial UniversityStudents can't identify continents on map

said by analog andy:

When the teachers don't know anything and they have 100 Pro D days per year you can see how kids these days don't know as much as say 30 or more years ago.

Wait another 20 years when the current generation of "internet" kids is ready to be the teachers. We're gonna have some issues.

i think the vast majority of teachers are quite knowledgeable...the issue is the kids...they feel they should get straight As just for showing up...the stories i hear from my friends are sad.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by dirtyjeffer0:

i think the vast majority of teachers are quite knowledgeable...the issue is the kids...they feel they should get straight As just for showing up...the stories i hear from my friends are sad.

I wouldn't say that at all... it seems between a 1/3 split between teachers that are knowledgeable and care, teachers that are dumb and shouldn't be 'teaching' children and teachers that don't get a shit and can't wait to retire.

I don't know if teaching ability applies to this issue or not but if you engage kids properly, you can teach them faster.