@comcast.net

MRCURAnon to Darknessfall

Anon

to Darknessfall

Re: [Speed] Speed increase.

said by Darknessfall:

Same speeds still here .

[att=1]

Anyone know if this is just a test run and won't go to other states?

The speeds you see in a test aren't going to change. If you run ShaperProbe, you'll see that your speeds are now actually what you're seeing on speedtest.net though. They're disabling PowerBoost essentially.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

On purpose or a fluke? Guess we won't know for sure until the marketing/web pages catch up, if they are in fact removing it.

MRCURAnon
@comcast.net

MRCURAnon

Anon

said by pflog:

On purpose or a fluke? Guess we won't know for sure until the marketing/web pages catch up, if they are in fact removing it.

From the emails that have been posted it definitely seems like this is on purpose and a move away from powerboost on the "performance" tier.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by MRCURAnon :

said by pflog:

From the emails that have been posted it definitely seems like this is on purpose and a move away from powerboost on the "performance" tier.

It would be different from my speedtest. People running SP have been seeing 22 Mbps about download instead of 25 PBs.
mrschultz02
join:2007-09-10
Wallingford, PA
Asus RT-AC88

1 recommendation

mrschultz02 to MRCURAnon

to MRCURAnon
said by MRCURAnon :

The speeds you see in a test aren't going to change. If you run ShaperProbe, you'll see that your speeds are now actually what you're seeing on speedtest.net though. They're disabling PowerBoost essentially.

Not exactly.

If you get the change you will see a change in all the speed tests. For me the short tests for download were previously seeing the powerboost at 24 to 25 mbps, with longer tests reading 16 sustained. Now all tests read around 22.

MRCURAnon
@74.11.209.x

MRCURAnon

Anon

said by mrschultz02:

f you get the change you will see a change in all the speed tests. For me the short tests for download were previously seeing the powerboost at 24 to 25 mbps, with longer tests reading 16 sustained. Now all tests read around 22.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize they were moving it to 22/4 instead of 25/4 (where powerboost used to take it).

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by MRCURAnon :

said by mrschultz02:

f you get the change you will see a change in all the speed tests. For me the short tests for download were previously seeing the powerboost at 24 to 25 mbps, with longer tests reading 16 sustained. Now all tests read around 22.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize they were moving it to 22/4 instead of 25/4 (where powerboost used to take it).

It was inevitable. Comcast isn't known for boosting Performance more then a few megs in any direction. If they did push it to 25/4 or better this time, for whatever reason (Testing a 2013-14 upgrade maybe?) I'd expect Blast! to be 75 or better to justify spending more then the price quoted for Performance.

Something else I've seen continually. Comcast loves to recycle old speeds. If Performance is now really 22/4, they've recycled an old version of the Blast speed that was rolled out in certain areas and it also brings to mind the grandfathered and soon to be completely dead Ultra 22/5 speed.

»Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »What are the actual Provisioned Speeds?