VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM to crazyk4952

Premium Member

to crazyk4952

Re: [Voip.ms] limit voicemail duration

said by crazyk4952:

So it seems that the limit is 3 minutes now. Seriously, I don't want to listen to a 3 minute long message!!

You don't have to listen to it, just press the Delete key before the ending. It's a better solution than hanging up a call while someone is leaving their personal biography on your mailbox.

I don't see the difference between you pressing Next or Delete compared to listening to a recording that cutoff suddenly. It's not like the caller is aware of his time limit.

We're giving the mailbox owner a choice, instead of the other way around.

ohmer
join:2003-08-06
Quebec, QC

ohmer

said by MartinM:

said by crazyk4952:

So it seems that the limit is 3 minutes now. Seriously, I don't want to listen to a 3 minute long message!!

You don't have to listen to it, just press the Delete key before the ending. It's a better solution than hanging up a call while someone is leaving their personal biography on your mailbox.

I don't see the difference between you pressing Next or Delete compared to listening to a recording that cutoff suddenly. It's not like the caller is aware of his time limit.

We're giving the mailbox owner a choice, instead of the other way around.

One thing I miss from my Primus TBB voicemail since I switched to voip.ms is that I was able to skip the "enveloppe" message (date/time with phone number) at the beginning of the message by pressing the # key. If I press # key with voip.ms vm, I'm logged out from the vm system.