site

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
This is a sub-selection from IVR isn't all that common........

Rendering

join:2013-01-12
Los Angeles, CA
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric

1 edit
reply to Gershom

Re: IVR

said by Gershom :

But taking your points to their logical conclusion, once CallCentric has their IVR up and running, then what reason will VoIP.MS have to stay in business?

I don't see how one follows from the other. Voip.ms is a top-notch outfit, and would have every reason to stay in business whether or not its competitors add IVRs.

Because you seem to be saying that the prime directive of VoIP is having an IVR, and that little else matters.

Like most people, I suppose, the most important things to me are reliability and good sound. After that, I want a flexible control of incoming calls. The IVR is necessary for that; otherwise, you have a clunky, limited sort of control.

For example, if I want relatives to be able to dial my number and get free calls to other relatives, I want them to hear a menu of choices: 1 for joe, 2 for mary, etc.

Or, as someone else mentioned, if you want a message to callers that says: enter 1 to ring through, enter 2 to go to voicemail, then you need an IVR.

How do you do those things without an IVR? You can not, as far as I can tell, or can only do it in a very kludgy sort of way. That is how powerful it is.

Yes, if you don't need it and can do with a simple callerid system, fine; but if I review a voip outfit, I will surely bear down heavily on their lack of an IVR.

If that makes me eccentric, other people can disregard my opinion.
This is a sub-selection from IVR isn't all that common........