how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

smallj53

join:2002-08-25
Niagara Falls, ON

First bit of Trouble Starting in Niagara Falls

I've already done the things you are supposed to do like reboot the modem, connect directly to the modem etc

Getting huge lag spikes too with up to 25% packet loss. Anyway I'll keep testing and if it continues past today I'll get a support ticket

smallj53

Niagara Falls, ON

Up down and around. Interesting that's sure.

rudeboy24

join:2002-10-14
Welland, ON

smallj53

Niagara Falls, ON
»www.speedtest.net/result/2481859517.png

Much the same up down and around.

rudeboy24

Welland, ON
click "begin test your preferred server"
i just tried the buffalo server and its terrible.

rudeboy24

Welland, ON

smallj53

Niagara Falls, ON
»www.speedtest.net/result/2481947779.png

Thanks for taking an interest rudeboy24. Toronto server as requested. I'll keep having a look.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
If you're seeing packet loss and are direct to modem please give a call to trouble shoot or look at the line. Thanks.

smallj53

Niagara Falls, ON
»www.speedtest.net/result/2484007802.png

Thanks for taking an interest. My kids aren't complaining about packet loss today but the speeds are seriously down for some reason still. Start has been so consistent for months. Hard to imagine what might be up.

I'll open a support ticket if they (the kids) start complaining again. It's the packet loss and lag spikes that get them going because it seriously effects their online gaming. I don't think they notice when the speeds are off.

rudeboy24

Welland, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Start Communicat..
·Cogeco Cable
reply to rocca
Im in the Niagara region and my speed seems to be cut in half during peek hours in the last few days

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
New link was supposed to go in on February 22nd, was delayed until the March 1st. Last couple nights have been abnormally high, but midnight on the 1st we'll have the next link in.

rudeboy24

Welland, ON
Ok thanks, i thought something was up ..lol it has always been full speed during peek since the last few days.

silvercat

join:2007-11-07
reply to smallj53
No speed issues here during prime time in Niagara Falls.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
reply to rudeboy24
The upgrade is preventative, last couple nights have put us a little closer than I'd like to be but shouldn't make a big impact. If you are seeing slow speeds in a few days it could be a node issue, just PM me or send in a ticket and we can have a look to see.

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON
reply to smallj53
I did have a couple 7Mbit/sec nights a few weeks ago but nothing really of note.

rudeboy24

Welland, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Start Communicat..
·Cogeco Cable
reply to rocca
said by rocca:

The upgrade is preventative, last couple nights have put us a little closer than I'd like to be but shouldn't make a big impact. If you are seeing slow speeds in a few days it could be a node issue, just PM me or send in a ticket and we can have a look to see.

everything is back to normal