spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

i chuckled

@videotron.ca
reply to CanadianRip

Re: Iran Built A Fighter Jet---Why Can't Canada?

said by CanadianRip:

I think the real story here is that someone didn't misquote Ahmadinjad as saying death to Israel with my mighty warplane.

heh
Amen

Warez_Zealot

join:2006-04-19
Vancouver
reply to Rifleman
Haha, apparently some people are thinking this "war plane" is just an RC plane.

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

said by dirtyjeffer:

said by funny0:

hate to bust your bubble but a russian T50 will knock out any three f35's no problem and at a cost of a 3rd the price
oh well india is buying 200 of those ....what are we getting OH RIGHT its not even really flying yet ....and will be susceptible to lightning and with one jet engine well it wont be up long ....and cant fight at supersonic speeds....haha no weapons at that speed = LOSER

wow...this post is full of so much nonsense, i'm not even going to bother picking it apart...your username is very applicable after reading this mess.

"funny/Chronoss"'s post may not be so far fetched.

This is discussing last-gen aircraft.
»theboresight.blogspot.ca/2009/07···red.html
»www.airforcesreview.com/reports/···ag-08-4/

New Russian designs are going to be a lot better han these older designs (which are pretty damn good) as the Russians are not stupid. Since they are now going after Western markets their aircraft have to be in the same ballpark as far as stealth, aerodynamics, weapons, performance, and electronics.

No government is going to come out and say that their brand-new $80B shiny toy is going to get smoked by the competition, but so far the F-35 has a lot to prove.

that f35 is worth nothing compared to a WORKING FLYING russian T-50 , the t50 has two engines ergo flies longer , flies faster and can fire at super sonic speeds ergo would smoke a turlted slow moving sub sonic f35

you then look at the russian tag of 47-57 million a jet vs what 200 million or some crap for a f35 ?
wholly what is the usa doing imploding on patents and copyrights?

funny0

reply to dirtyjeffer
said by dirtyjeffer:

said by FaxCap:
You don't dogfight at supersonic speeds.
oh, you don't need to tell me that, i already know that.

quote:
What he means....what I
mean what others mean by fighting at supersonic speeds is you are
vectored or your radar gets you quickly close enough to use a
standoff air to air then you leave your enemy's weapons radius faster
than your enemy can fly toward you. The F-35 seems to only have a
"dash" supersonic ability.

FaxCap

you got links for that?...it is hard to really tell how an F35 and an FA would "fight each other" in A-A combat, since neither jet is actually "available" and the amount of factual information on both is limited at best.

it will all come down to avionics, stealth ability and weapons systems, all of which the F35 has state of the art...the FA (i would imagine) would too, but i can't be sure, nor would i make a sweeping generalized statement about the FA shooting F35's out of the sky with ease...it's nonsense to say such a thing.

ya you dont need to dog fight at mach 4
ill zip in fire off a few and be gone while your pulling your wire
and have tagged 4 of ya befor eyou realize your on candid camera

your talking aobut intercepting
this is ME zipping in at 2800 MPH fireing off then running away

GOT YA nanannana
oh where am i and your at 700 mph ROFL
funny as my nick says
you go on thinking you need to dog fight

funny0

reply to FaxCap
said by FaxCap:

said by dirtyjeffer:

and his comment about not being able to "fight at supersonic speeds" (like dogfighting is still a likely A-A style of combat, which it isn't)

You don't dogfight at supersonic speeds. What he means....what I
mean what others mean by fighting at supersonic speeds is you are
vectored or your radar gets you quickly close enough to use a
standoff air to air then you leave your enemy's weapons radius faster
than your enemy can fly toward you. The F-35 seems to only have a
"dash" supersonic ability.

FaxCap

everyones dumping the f35
FOR other jets heck india is buying up 200 of the russian t-50's
with other nations totalling 600 orders
you might want to evaluate your americans screwups and lack of ability to do the job how long they been working at it?
Expand your moderator at work

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to funny0

Re: Iran Built A Fighter Jet---Why Can't Canada?

said by funny0:

that f35 is worth nothing compared to a WORKING FLYING russian T-50 , the t50 has two engines ergo flies longer , flies faster and can fire at super sonic speeds ergo would smoke a turlted slow moving sub sonic f35

you then look at the russian tag of 47-57 million a jet vs what 200 million or some crap for a f35 ?
wholly what is the usa doing imploding on patents and copyrights?

Of course, it doesn't matter if it's faster if it gets shot down before it can actually be a threat to the F35....
--
Tom

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
reply to CanadianRip
said by CanadianRip:

I think the real story here is that someone didn't misquote Ahmadinjad as saying death to Israel with my mighty warplane.

He'll probably die in his space shuttle launch anyways.

--

Not to derail the thread, but did they ever find the Avro Arrow that was claimed to have been hidden in Britain?
--
Myth: It's only fair to pay for quality first-run movies.
Fact: Most movies shown on cable get two stars or less
and are repeated ad nauseum.

Rifleman
Premium
join:2004-02-09
p1a
reply to Rifleman
I watched an episode of Pawnstars last night where he could have bought a mint condition russian Albatross? jet fighter for 150 grand. Why not go that route?
»www.thepawnshow.com/l-39-albatro···fighter/

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
The L-39 is a Czechoslovakian (designed before the split) jet primarily made as a trainer, though some armed variants exist. Not really good for "jet fighter" duties. You're comparing apples and oranges here.

There are much better used jets out there. A lot of air forces buy used U.S. fighter jets (F-16 especially).
--
Start Communications Forum

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
said by MichelR:

There are much better used jets out there. A lot of air forces buy used U.S. fighter jets (F-16 especially).

I remember when the US Air Force got their first F-16s and how the
Press went on and on about how expensive they were. Now they are
considered a bargain!

FaxCap

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to RTfM2010
said by RTfM2010:

Not being threatened by a war-mongering super-power. Yet.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Rifleman
said by Rifleman:

Iran Built A Fighter Jet---Why Can't Canada?

Canada definitely can - if they want to. It just takes the will; the money; and a reason to do it.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
reply to FaxCap
said by FaxCap:

said by MichelR:

considered a bargain!

FaxCap

Funny considering how the F-14 and F-15, which both came out around the same time, were way more expensive (the F-14, F-15 and F-16 were all in the competition that lead to us purchasing the F-18, and for the 14 and 15, cost was a major factor in them losing). If I recall correctly, the F-16 is one, if not THE most successful jet fighter ever (at least in the western world). Tons of countries use it. One of the reasons we didn't buy it was... single engine.
--
Start Communications Forum

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
said by MichelR:

said by FaxCap:

said by MichelR:

considered a bargain!

FaxCap

Funny considering how the F-14 and F-15, which both came out around the same time, were way more expensive (the F-14, F-15 and F-16 were all in the competition that lead to us purchasing the F-18, and for the 14 and 15, cost was a major factor in them losing). If I recall correctly, the F-16 is one, if not THE most successful jet fighter ever (at least in the western world). Tons of countries use it. One of the reasons we didn't buy it was... single engine.

We started out with something like 120 F-18's and we're down to about 80 flyable ones now. I don't believe that any of the ones lost to accidents were as a result of both engines dying. Whereas the attrition rate of the F-16 is something like 6% due to engine failure. In F-35 terms that would be about 5 aircraft, or something in the order of $600 million and maybe a few pilots as well.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
reply to Rifleman
According to this -- admittedly very US-centric -- commentary on CNN, the only thing Iran built was a shoddy fiberglass mockup. All I can say is, click through the pictures and comments and decide for yourself:
»news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/08/ir···pt=hp_t3

Whatever the truth may be, an F-22 or F-35 this ain't. If it seems hard to believe that Iran could built a competitive modern fighter jet, especially with the sanctions that they're under, it might be because they can't.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to funny0
funny, quit posting nonsense.

"Though the T-50 tops out at 1300 mph compared to the F-35's 1200 mph, the American fighter can launch its internal missiles and smart-bombs while flying faster than the speed of sound."

Read more: »www.businessinsider.com/sukhoi-t···KYwvB2HZ
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

FaxCap

Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to Rifleman
We won't really know which aircraft will end up being "the best" but
those were Americans writing that article.

I guess sometime in the future 4-F35's and 4 T50s will face each
other over a middle east country and we'll find the answer to the question.

FaxCap

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Still won't know unless it's the same pilot cloned in all 8 of them.

FaxCap

Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to Rifleman

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
not really...everyone knows they don't have what they claim to have.

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to FaxCap
Comparing the photo in the hanger vs against the mountains, there is the same glare from the overhead lighting on the fuselage where the wings join fuselage in both photos. And same blue glare on the sides of the tails which would originate from those spotlights in the base of the hangar display turntable.

Clearly they have superimposed the hangar photo on the mountains and didn't even bother to remove the glare. Amateurs

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
said by koira:

Amateurs

do you expect something more from a government still living in the stone age?

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by dirtyjeffer:

said by koira:

Amateurs

do you expect something more from a government still living in the stone age?

no sir, just stating the obvious. Its all so fake its a freakin comedy. Its a sideshow to distract from their nuclear development.

FaxCap

Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to dirtyjeffer
said by dirtyjeffer:

not really...everyone knows they don't have what they claim to have.

Thus the "smilie" after my post.

These guys are making themselves look SO foolish. Comic book aircraft.

FaxCap