USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Libra

Re: [WIN7] Do I need these updates?

Click for full size
hardware updates?
These are the hardware optional updates (I don't think they are available at the Lenovo download site - I have a Lenovo G570)

intok

join:2012-03-15

The driver updates you should see if there are newer versions at the part manufacturers site, Microsoft, while being a multibillion dollar company has always been too cheap and lazy to keep the drivers they host up to date. Which is something you get from every other player in the OS market, even on the free OSs out there.

Libra
Premium
join:2003-08-06
USA

Thank you for that information. I'll hide them.

Sincerely, Libra

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3

Looks like you need to at least do three things manually, update the video drivers from the intel site, update the .inf driver for your monitor, and download whatever software you need for your logitech device if it's got any special features you can't use now.

As far as logitech software goes for mice I prefer it for one feature, acceleration. The faster you move the mouse, the faster the cursor moves, and you can go from dragging it slowly to zipping it across the screen without having to drag it across the desk.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.

Libra
Premium
join:2003-08-06
USA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

I don't know why it's showing those hardware items. I don't have a Thinkpad, I have a Lenovo Essential G570. I updated the Display Driver (Intel onboard graphics driver) and a Realtec USB2 card reader. My Logitec mouse works fine. I don't know anything about an .inf file and I didn't find one at the Lenovo drivers and download site.

I was concerned about KB2505438 which is for slow performance with Direct Writer API. Do you know if I need that? It's listed in Windows Updates, but is unchecked. Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra