share rss forum feed

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1

Cyberpower UPS question

This is not the first time this has happened.. it's only 6 months old and the 625va model.. Anyways this morning i woke up to the sound of it beeping as if the battery was at low voltage.

but here is the thing my computer that's plugged into it was off at the time and the power was a very brief flash the UPS was fully charged, but the alarm that goes off is the continuous tone as if the battery was dead.

It seems to be some type of flaw with the unit? If I do a self test it works fine with the computer on which only uses 78 watts, I just don't understand.

I will be buying a 1500va model soon for a projector which will be a pure sinewave but, a little baffled.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

Could it be that it also beeps when it senses a disturbance in the force power?

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

said by aurgathor:

Could it be that it also beeps when it senses a disturbance in the force power?

No, normal off power it beeps every 10-15 seconds that it's on battery power, when the battery is low and I think 5 min left instead of 10 seconds per beep it's a solid long tone and it will stay that way until it shuts off on it's own..

However the battery is charged and it was nothing but a quick flash so I don't get it.
--

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

In that case it's circuitry probably get confused by that "quick flash" -- which is interesting because it's a device made to handle less than perfect power.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:12
reply to Subaru

said by Subaru:

Cyberpower UPS

There's your problem. Cyberpower is pure crap. I picked up 2 when they were on sale and one died within the month and the other didn't make it 6 months.

Do yourself a favor and get a APC or Tripp-Lite.

/M

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to aurgathor

said by aurgathor:

In that case it's circuitry probably get confused by that "quick flash" -- which is interesting because it's a device made to handle less than perfect power.

Yeah.. heck back in 1998 I used to have a BK Blackout buster that handled something like that way better..

Hopefully the 1500va model will be better, I might ask cyberpower if it's an issue.
--

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Subaru

Your description of what happened is confusing. The CyberPower UPS are not the best units available. With that said I have three of the units. They will do a short beep when there is a sag or over voltage condition and will continue to do so until the condition is cleared. Additional the unit does not log anything unless the PC is on.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to mackey

You must of had a bad batch.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Hank

said by Hank:

Your description of what happened is confusing. The CyberPower UPS are not the best units available. With that said I have three of the units. They will do a short beep when there is a sag or over voltage condition and will continue to do so until the condition is cleared. Additional the unit does not log anything unless the PC is on.

The whole reason I got the UPS is because for some reason I get more power outages here then any other place I been, anyways I know it sounds confusing because that's the way it's acting.. If I could film it (I'd have to know when the power is going to flash) I'd film it.
--

ds5v50

join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH

Pull the circuit to test it. Not the plug but the circuit. 6 months old it should be under warranty. I had an APC that did the same thing but it was an overload problem. "TV cable box, receiver" used more then the ups's 180 watts. It works just fine any other time. it is now protecting a single pc.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:2
reply to Subaru

Out of curiosity, is it only the PC or are there other pieces of equipment plugged into the UPS?

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

Click for full size
said by Hank:

Out of curiosity, is it only the PC or are there other pieces of equipment plugged into the UPS?

just pc and monitor.. in this case a 40" the combine wattage at the most is about 142W The runtime can vary, funny thing is we just had a power outage because of the wind and I got about 6-8 min out of it, and I had the system shut down then I just went on to using the TV until it shut down to low voltage.. SO as soon as it comes back on I expect it to say charging but it says it's fully charged. kinda odd when you see it like this when the power was out.
--

join:2013-03-14

I think there is some problem in UPS battery so at first you have to check out your battery power.