Search similar:

uniqs

davidl
join:2008-07-11
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

1 edit

davidl

[solved] Email not deleting off server

I was having some issues before with mail not delivering to a fellow Teksavvy user and it turned out that my Teksavvy mailbox was full...I logged in with webmail and found over a month's worth of mail in there. I tend to insert pictures in my emails to illustrate what I'm talking about...not huge but bigger than your standard txt, so the mailbox size adds up pretty quick.

I mainly use Outlook and I connect using POP3 and have it set to delete messages off the server after 14 days but the messages are staying on past that.

I only use webmail in an emergency, so messages staying on the server for a long time isn't important to me.

Any way we can get it to delete when I want it to?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Re: Email not deleting off server

are you able to deleted when you are in webmail?

davidl
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

davidl

Yes, I went in there, deleted out of the Inbox, then went to Trash and deleted it there as well...it's okay now, but I was just wondering if I need to set something differently to make it delete properly...
ragingwolf
join:2003-04-22
Nepean, ON

ragingwolf

Yes, there is a setting in outlook that you need to have checked to delete the mail after outlook downloads the email. I believe the setting would be in the "tools>email accounts" and then edit your existing account there and it should be in one of the tabs.

davidl
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

davidl

Yes, it's in the Advanced Settings in Outlook...I had it set to delete after 14 days but it wasn't deleting...

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

What if you decide to simply delete the email... does it also delete it from the webmail?

davidl
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

davidl

It would do that if I had the account set as IMAP, but POP is not connected to the account. With POP, the mail is supposed to be downloaded and deleted off the server and stored locally.

Anyway, just did a test and sent to myself from another email account...deleting the message from my Outlook didn't delete it from the webmail.
davidl

davidl

So, I turned off the 'Leave Messages on Server for X number of days' feature...the mail now deletes properly from the webmail...

Thanks for the replies!

TSILiz
Premium Member
join:2012-08-20

TSILiz to davidl

Premium Member

to davidl

Re: [solved] Email not deleting off server

Glad to hear its resolved.

Cheers,
Liz