norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

1 edit

norwegian to red2

Premium Member

to red2

Re: KAV / KIS 2013 vs 2012 versions vs ...

said by red2 :

So much has changed in the past few years, that I'm wondering if that is enough or overkill.

I have wondered the same, and although Win8 is a "new" O/S, and Win 7 was a new O/S; their cores still share the same foundations to earlier 2000 and XP. Would the same filters help, I think yes and no, and mileage will vary.

red2
@fastwebnet.it

red2

Anon

Thanks for all these comments and suggestions.

I just didn't want to uninstall all other security programs just to get KAV or KIS to work. If uninstalling and then re-installing them after KAV/KIS is the solution, I'm willing to try that. (Though that seems like bad coding to me.)

So much for the Kaspersky techs who could NOT furnish that simple advice in over a week's time ! Not to mention that the KAV removal tool did not even remove the stalled KAV 2013 folder from Progams.

Has anyone found KAV or KIS 2012 to be less demanding on resources than the 2013 equivalents? I can't find the 2012 versions on their website (they have KAV 2012 but in non-English languages), but imagine they should be available somewhere on the web. Is there a trustworthy source for finding older versions, e.g. Softpedia, MajorGeeks or elsewhere?

norwegian
Premium Member
Outback

norwegian

Premium Member

Try products.kaspersky-labs.com for 2012

red2
@fastwebnet.it

red2

Anon

Thanks norwegian. Perhaps I'm slow today but is products.kaspersky-labs.com for 2012 an ip address?

When I go to products.kaspersky-labs.com it only takes me to the 2013 versions.

norwegian
Premium Member
Outback

1 edit

norwegian

Premium Member

I didn't give the full address being a download and against forum rules. If you were a member I could have sent the link.
See screen shot.
What version are you looking for Italian?

Edit: Yes, I see Italian is only 2013.

Edit 2: If you send in a support ticket they may provide you with a link. However the updated site/s frustrated me - the sales team changed too much about the site personally around version 2011. It is theirs though.

red2
@fastwebnet.it

red2

Anon

said by norwegian:

See screen shot.

Perfect. I find the new Kaspersky site impossible to navigate. I was looking for the English versions and now that you've pointed me in the right direction, I've got them.

I have posted on the Kaspersky forum several times over the past ten days, sent in a support ticket, and even made a complaint because the "technician" who was helping provided no useful advice. They couldn't even point me to the 2012 versions.

It did not make any sense to me that MalwareBytes or SpywareBlaster would stop the KAV install, since they are NOT on the incompatabilty list on the Kaspersky site, and some forum posters said they encountered no issues. So if its an install order issue, it can be worked around.

I'm always hesitant to do major updates with Kaspersky. I suspect that the KAV 2012 version may be an easier starting point for me than 2013. If that goes well, then I'll try out KIS 2012. I see many issues on the forum, particularly with KIS 2013, but that may be just the usual stuff.