Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia to ImpldConsent

Premium Member

to ImpldConsent

Re: Oldest running MAIN PC?

Oldest former main computer is a TRS-80 that still runs, though it is only used/shown for nostalgic reasons. 976 khz, 16 color(2-bit) graphics. had a tape drive with length of the tape capacity

Oldest active is my main laptop(most my desktops are newer). AMD Turion II@2.5Ghz(scaled for power management), 6GB RAM, 250GB hard drive, ATI Radeon HD4200 graphics. Plugs along nicely for most of my tasks. Storage is a bit small, but used cloud solutions as my tablet and phone are even smaller and can't accept a usb storage device. I am almost always under unlimited wifi when stationary, except at a few friends. Convenient to stream media and keep the storage free. I run Debian Linux and found a good config with the Gallium3D graphics drivers for that card. Does more with OpenGL than it ever did on DirectX. Lucky for me, most hardware accelerated apps in Linux are OpenGL based. Tried a few DirectX games in WINE. Glitches for some, but overall impressive. Just fyi if you are a Linux user looking to help push that card.