Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WizBomber

join:2007-10-17
Cary, NC

Live TV Pausing Issues - Cary, NC

Hello All:

We are having issues with pausing Live TV using our Cisco DVR Boxes. This issue started happening after the last major software upgrade that occured on the boxes a few weeks ago. What happen is if we pause Live TV, after 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes (it has a mind of its own), the TV show will unpause and jump directly to the live show. When this occurs, any of the saved show is lost.

We got our Cisco 8640hdc replaced with a Brand New Cisco 8742hdc but the issue still occurs. TWC Phone Support (called 4 different times) isn't any help and says I need to keep rebooting this box when this happens (but I shouldn't have to reboot 5-10 times day). They say our signals levels are fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,
Wiz

Satch

join:2009-11-25

said by WizBomber:

Hello All:

We are having issues with pausing Live TV using our Cisco DVR Boxes. This issue started happening after the last major software upgrade that occured on the boxes a few weeks ago. What happen is if we pause Live TV, after 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes (it has a mind of its own), the TV show will unpause and jump directly to the live show. When this occurs, any of the saved show is lost.

We got our Cisco 8640hdc replaced with a Brand New Cisco 8742hdc but the issue still occurs. TWC Phone Support (called 4 different times) isn't any help and says I need to keep rebooting this box when this happens (but I shouldn't have to reboot 5-10 times day). They say our signals levels are fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,
Wiz

Hi Wiz,

Since a new box did not solve this issue, there could still be a signal related issue that phone support is not detecting. (Often this is the case.) You should go to the TWC Direct to Tech Forum here:

»Time Warner Cable Direct

Post what you posted above, and they will open up a support ticket. All that rebooting indicates that there is something wrong and needs to be corrected. At the secure forum, give your name, address, and account#. It sounds like the buffer is not holding and this is not right. Hopefully, they can check this out. They can also set up service calls and often provide a better communication network than standard phone support. (At least they have when I have used them.) Good luck!

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:10
reply to WizBomber

Interesting, I heard about this happening in NC, I tried to duplicate it up here in NY but could not.

I know its being looked at.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

WizBomber

join:2007-10-17
Cary, NC

Hello Hob,

After calling a third TWC Tech last night, they finally looked at the Engineering Cases (as I told them it can't be the boxes and rebooting several times a day isn't acceptable) and found one opened for the 86XX and 87XX Cisco DVR Boxes for Live TV Pausing Issues. It started to happen after the Software Upgrade. Per this tech, Engineering is looking in to this for NC but no ETR.

I just wish the first and second techs would have looked at the engineering cases instead of me being on the phone for 3+ hours last night (most of it was on hold).

I hope they get it fixed soon as it is annoying that we can pause Live TV.

Thanks,
Wiz

Satch

join:2009-11-25

said by WizBomber:

Hello Hob,

After calling a third TWC Tech last night, they finally looked at the Engineering Cases (as I told them it can't be the boxes and rebooting several times a day isn't acceptable) and found one opened for the 86XX and 87XX Cisco DVR Boxes for Live TV Pausing Issues. It started to happen after the Software Upgrade. Per this tech, Engineering is looking in to this for NC but no ETR.

I just wish the first and second techs would have looked at the engineering cases instead of me being on the phone for 3+ hours last night (most of it was on hold).

I hope they get it fixed soon as it is annoying that we can pause Live TV.

Thanks,
Wiz

Thanks for the update. Sounds like this is an exclusive North Carolina issue related to ODN 6.0, not 6.0 itself. New York region can't reproduce this issue. At least TWC knows about this. Wonder if this is only on the Cisco 86xx and 87xx? (i.e Samsung and SA-HDC's not affected by this bug?)

Satch

jimk
Premium
join:2006-04-15
Raleigh, NC
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·voip.ms
reply to WizBomber

This has happened to me several times in Raleigh since the latest update. It happens both when paused or after rewinding.

My initial theory was that it might be signal related, since I do have intermittent issues that nobody has been able to resolve yet. However, I am having signal issues tonight and have *not* been kicked back to live TV yet.