share rss forum feed

lutful
... of ideas
Premium
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON
kudos:1
reply to asterger

Re: Shower Drain Clogged - Call a Plumber or use Drain Cleaner?

My wife's hair totally clogged up our ensuite shower within a few months of moving into the home.Because I did not want to touch the guck, I actually tried 2 different brands of drain cleaners (Drano and maybe Liquid Plumber) but they did not work.

Then I fashioned a vintage metal clothes hanger into a clumsy tool .. which still works to this day.

P.S. I also put a strainer designed for kitchen sink on the shower drain to catch most of the hair. But some hair still slithers through the round holes.

Beezel

join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

said by lutful:

My wife's hair totally clogged up our ensuite shower within a few months of moving into the home.Because I did not want to touch the guck, I actually tried 2 different brands of drain cleaners (Drano and maybe Liquid Plumber) but they did not work.

Then I fashioned a vintage metal clothes hanger into a clumsy tool .. which still works to this day.

P.S. I also put a strainer designed for kitchen sink on the shower drain to catch most of the hair. But some hair still slithers through the round holes.

I use the sink strainer also, still have my trusty coat hanger that I have used for many years. But I have the hand powered snake also for going into the walls.