uniqs

Hm
@videotron.ca

Hm to WiMax

Anon

to WiMax

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

said by WiMax:

Do what you all want, I wait no longer. Start is getting a call from me on Monday.

Let's be honest here. This so-called company really doesn't care or give a damn about it's own customers. And it shows through their actions and how badly they treat people.

This is a shithole of a cheap company. Works one day, doesn't work the next. Have a problem? Too bad.

Company Emails down
Company phones down.
Company ignores its' beloved customers.

This has happened how many times now?

I mean, there is 80 pages of the same thing.

But it seems people who want to save a dollar think it's well worth it. Well, that is, they think it is till their voip doesn't work for a week every 2 months. Or their internet doesn't work 4 days out of every 2 months. Enough people left them, bitched and moaned. They don't have any great following here. And let's be honest, Nor do they care.

WiMax
join:2003-07-12
Canada

WiMax

Just thought you would all like to see Alan's latest sob story.

-----------
We thank you for being loyal IkTel supporters.

We wish to apologize for the recent outages you experienced first on Tuesday January 22nd and then Tuesday January 29-30.
The outages were caused by issues arising from the attempt to switch to the CRTC mandated Centralized system in Burlington Ontario. We were given only two years to make the transition.

The switch over was supposed to be like a switch that you would never have noticed. Scheduled at 3:00am and tested before the attempt; it should only have been something like a 5 minutes bleep on your screen but something went wrong. In the first attempt on January 22nd, errors in IP plans made us to abort the switch over. On January 29th attempt, different issues arose but it was too late to abort. We had to work round the clock to fix the issue. It was virtually impossible to respond to email or phone calls as we were swum and our phones, emails and web servers were not working well either.

We are please that we have successfully made the switch over and everything is back up running with excellent quality of internet performance. More faq

We acknowledged that we could have been more proactive in our responses and we pledge that henceforth, we will be more proactive in communicating dispositions. We apologize for the inconveniences that was caused you.
--------------

I love it when he says "CRTC mandated". He makes it sound like the CRTC has a gun to his head and is making him do this! What a CROCK! The CRTC ruling was targeted at the INCUMBENTS who were told that they must provide global interconnect services to TPIA's within 2 years. Further, they are to provide TPIA's full service within 90 days of a TPIA application. The fact is, if a TPIA wants to keep their existing connect model (individual POI's) or they don't want to connect to any particular incumbent, they don't have to! There is nobody forcing them to.

Also, he states that the blackout was two days. That's also a CROCK! Sure, it was two days that it was totally down but the next two days call quality was crap and I'm told that Internet speeds were also crap. In reality this was a 4 day outage.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by WiMax:

The fact is, if a TPIA wants to keep their existing connect model (individual POI's) or they don't want to connect to any particular incumbent, they don't have to! There is nobody forcing them to.

Actually, all current non-aggregated TPIA providers will eventually be forced onto aggregated by CRTC mandate - it's just not until the end of the year.

So, it's a bit true. Even so, that doesn't justify how things went down.

zed173
join:2010-07-17
Mississauga, ON

zed173 to WiMax

to WiMax
said by WiMax:

Just thought you would all like to see Alan's latest sob story.

We were given only two years to make the transition.

That's awesome, what did they want, 5 years? Come on, two years is plenty of time to plan and execute something like this. I also love how they keep trying to shift blame to the CRTC to deflect from the fact there was an apparent 2 day outage.