spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tekorsmart4
@teksavvy.com

tekorsmart4

Anon

more info on start communications

their cable offers - speed and price- look very tempting. how old is this company? is it worth leaving teksavvy for?

honestly, with all the small startups that start quick and die quicker i am a bit worried. i'd appreciate some user feedback!

i dont want to experience anything like wind mobile.

thanks!!
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by tekorsmart4 :

their cable offers - speed and price- look very tempting. how old is this company? is it worth leaving teksavvy for?

honestly, with all the small startups that start quick and die quicker i am a bit worried. i'd appreciate some user feedback!

i dont want to experience anything like wind mobile.

thanks!!

They've been around for a long time. They used to be called Multiboard.Com back in the day...

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers to tekorsmart4

Anon

to tekorsmart4
start.ca forum

»Start.ca
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord to tekorsmart4

to tekorsmart4
said by tekorsmart4 :

their cable offers - speed and price- look very tempting. .. is it worth leaving teksavvy for?

They're for real. And yes, I thought so.
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to tekorsmart4

to tekorsmart4
Been with them nearly 3 months - no issues. The connection is just as stable as when I was with Rogers, which is to say rock solid (see reviews).

They've been around a while, but if I'm not mistaken, they started offering cable last year. There's a huge thread around here somewhere.

Toastertech
Premium Member
join:2003-01-05
Canada

Toastertech to tekorsmart4

Premium Member

to tekorsmart4
Hasn't Start been around longer than Teksavvy?

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to tekorsmart4

Premium Member

to tekorsmart4
said by tekorsmart4 :

All the small startups that you're referring to are usually resellers of already established ISPs such as TekSavvy, Distributel or Start as all the small startups do not have the capital to do the investment in connecting to Bell & Rogers' networks.

----

I've been using Start since July and the service has been rock solid. I'm currently using the grandfathered Standard package.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to Toastertech

to Toastertech
said by Toastertech:

Hasn't Start been around longer than Teksavvy?

Yes, much longer. They go back to the BBS days, pre commercial Internet.
jcodling
join:2012-12-27

1 edit

jcodling

I have been with start for the last month. I am more than happy. In fact I am so happy with the service that I just got off the phone with them to purchased my modem. To make that cost effective I am now locked in for the next 21 months and not worried one bit.

I was abused by B(h)ell and now feel free!

Sarnia, Ontario. Cogeco area.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to tekorsmart4

Premium Member

to tekorsmart4

I moved from GOUGEco to START when they began to offer cable thru the entire Cogeco Ontario footprint.

Will be a year this April, and so far, so good.

Everything professional and courteous, and they are active on DSLR.

START offers all of the stability and reliability of the Cogeco network, but minus the BS, stupid rules, & greed.

Only one neg so far (and this doesn't matter to ME) is that they do not have much in unlimited offerings yet on cable.

WiMax
join:2003-07-12
Canada

WiMax to tekorsmart4

to tekorsmart4
Read the 67 DSLR Reviews