All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
LastDon
join:2002-08-13

LastDon to Guspaz

to Guspaz

Re: Futureshop/Bestbuy abruptly shut down a dozen stores

I wouldn't be surprised if more store closures happen.

I saw this coming personally.

I have stopped shopping at FS and BB for three years now. I hated dealing with FS mostly with warranty related issues.

They would give you terms and conditions and when it came to honour those terms, they would make terms up on the spot, and than you would have to escalate your case etc etc and it would take days or a week or two to get it resolved until the "manager" would admit he was wrong.

I'd say a lot of managers and staff lost the aspect of respecting the customer and actually listening. I had two LCD type tvs that both went un-repairable according to them, and my gosh I HATED with a passion dealing with them for warranty related issues.

Their stores become to big, and very open, etc and started selling to many items .. i mean now online they even sell vitamins etc.

I liked FS in in 1993 when I bought my first PC ! nice smaller type stores.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

I like FS and BB. Never had a problem but, then again, never had Warranty related issues. I've never purchased an extended warranty so, before the satisfaction period expired, if I wasn't happy, I returned the product.
I hate purchasing a product without seeing it first no matter how cheap.
The problem with on line buys its a hassle if you encounter any defects to mail back.