spc
Search similar:

uniqs

utsports
join:2009-07-13
Knoxville TN

utsports

Sony Movie Channel HD coming to FiOS this spring

Confirmed on there official Facebook page, and this is the linear HD channel.

»www.facebook.com/SonyMov ··· 98520840

I apologize that this was posted in the FiOS Internet section and not the TV section a mod may move it if they would like.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Moved in from Vz Fiber Optics.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to utsports

to utsports
Will be interesting to see if it's part of ExtremeHD or UltimateHD. My guess, based on new RSN fees and increasing costs, only UltimateHD subscribers will have access to it.

Webcobbler
@verizon.net

Webcobbler

Anon

This Spring probably means this time next year. Should we trust that this Is true? That FiOS wil have this new channel? And ESP in HD? Not SD?

But if anything, I trust more that this comment was on Sony's FB page, and not Vzs. FiOS will deny everything until its in all markets.

I still do. It know if vho7 will ever get tvguideHD channel. It's been in a few VHOs since last December.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to utsports

to utsports
They have an agreement in place. Yeah well, I'll bet there are another 30 channels with the SAME agreement but can't get their HD feed on.

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

3 edits

bohratom

BTW just checked their On Demand and they have 25 films that are all in HD (could indicate the channel will be HD also) and have won at least one academy award a piece. Pretty nice selection for something that is not a premium.

PS: My wife just said their selection is better then the Showtime selections we have this month...

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to utsports

to utsports
I went to their website, looked at their movie lineup. It's not very good. I've seen better old films on ThisTV.

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

bohratom

said by Greg2600:

I went to their website, looked at their movie lineup. It's not very good. I've seen better old films on ThisTV.

I have to disagree with ya on this one since they are all uncut with no commercials.

A man for all Seasons
Absense of Malice
Agnes of God
Born Free
Bugsy
Chinatown
Das Boot
Dr Strangelove
Easy Rider
Glory
Inside Job
Oliver
Roxanne
Starman
The Big Chill
The Fisher King
The Last Picture Show
The Remains of the Day

I think most would agree with me that list is pretty damn good for a non premium commercial free channel vs ThisTV.
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829

Really? That's their line-up? Great movies, but...

...maybe we should debate whether we need to waste an HD slot on a movie channel where everyone in the nation has seen every. single. movie.

If you're even the slightest bit into anything beyond "the latest blockbusters," you have seen every single one of those movies.

If you're the next level up on movie-buffdom, you've got a handful of them in your collection.

Why?

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by knarf829:

Really? That's their line-up? Great movies, but...
Why?

I think I was comparing uncut, unedited and commericial free Movies with what ThisTV was offering with regards to Greg2600.

Nice job trying to troll this thread but please stay on topic.....
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829

Thought the topic was the Sony Movie Channel in HD that's coming to FiOS this spring. Was content off limits or was the lack of HD space off limits? If the content was off limits, why was it posted?

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by knarf829:

Thought the topic was the Sony Movie Channel in HD that's coming to FiOS this spring. Was content off limits or was the lack of HD space off limits? If the content was off limits, why was it posted?

Sheez does anyone read what they reply to in threads anymore....

Apparently NOT....

PS hint hint.....ThisTV vs Sony Movie.....

utsports
join:2009-07-13
Knoxville TN

utsports

If once wasn't enough for some of you they have confirmed it again last night...
»www.facebook.com/SonyMov ··· 93455617
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101 to utsports

Premium Member

to utsports
I have to agree with thinking this is a bad HD channel pick up. All those movies listed on their web site are old and I have seen them all many times and they are the same movies you can usually find in the $4.99 basket at a retail outlet.

It doesn't matter though, I have come to realize, there are way too many channels out there. Hundreds of channels and still can't find anything to watch.

somebodeez
MVM
join:2001-09-24
here

somebodeez to utsports

MVM

to utsports
Thank you for the news.
Being Sony, I wonder what the recording restrictions for that channel will be?
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to utsports

to utsports
I have only heard of 2 of those movies on that list.
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper

said by Acct101:

Hundreds of channels and still can't find anything to watch.

After spending a few years on this forum I am led to believe that the everything worth watching is on channels VZ doesn't carry.
said by ansky:

I have only heard of 2 of those movies on that list.

I'm curious... Are you old enough to drink? Vote? Drive???
46436203 (banned)
join:2013-01-03

46436203 (banned) to utsports

to utsports
Sony Movie Channel isn't a very good one. A lot of their material is already available on Blu-ray or in other places in HD.

They also have a constant channel bug.

I would rather see H2 HD or Sundance HD...

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by 46436203:

I would rather see H2 HD

I dont agree with Murica often but in this case I do...

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to utsports

to utsports
The tier it lands on will make a difference. The hope would be Ultimate, so they bring it in MPEG-4, rather than waste double the QAM space in MPEG-2.
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin

said by Greg2600:

The tier it lands on will make a difference. The hope would be Ultimate, so they bring it in MPEG-4, rather than waste double the QAM space in MPEG-2.

They haven't switched Ultimate customers to MPEG4 yet. Although I think that would be a good idea.

MagScribe
join:2001-08-20
West Chester, PA

MagScribe

Which boxes are MPEG-4?

I have four boxes, two very old basic Motos (dating back to 2006) and two newer Moto DVRs (the black units about a year or two old).

If VZ has to replace the two old boxes, I'm all for it. If they have to take all four...well, I'd hate to lose recordings...seems like it would be kind of costly in any event for VZ, but it might be the cheapest way to open up bandwidth.
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

The STBs that have model numbers in the 7xxx range are MPEG4 compatible, the older 2500 SD STBs and the 6xxx HD boxes are not MPEG4 compatible.
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper to MagScribe

to MagScribe
said by MagScribe:

If VZ has to replace the two old boxes, I'm all for it.

You just missed your chance to do it for free.

»How to upgrade to Motorola 7xxx series for free

MagScribe
join:2001-08-20
West Chester, PA

MagScribe

Well...if VZ wants to keep me as an Ultimate subscriber, that's their issue, not mine.

I'm all for them opening up more bandwidth, just not on my dime.
djoropallo
join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo to utsports

to utsports
Had SMC on Dish and never watched it.