spc
uniqs

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to beck

to beck

Re: Mozilla will automatically disable all plug-ins in Firefox

There's got to be a way to rip this feature out of Firefox. Pro users like ourselves don't need this. Mozilla has gone the same way as Google with Chrome and Opera...not much different at this rate acting all big brother on us as if they know better than we do and have no control over 'features' like this anymore.

firefoxuser
@centurytel.net

firefoxuser

Anon

said by kickass69:

There's got to be a way to rip this feature out of Firefox. Pro users like ourselves don't need this. Mozilla has gone the same way as Google with Chrome and Opera...not much different at this rate acting all big brother on us as if they know better than we do and have no control over 'features' like this anymore.

They should make a way to disable this in about:config but if you cant disable this I will uninstall it and go back to another browser.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Why?

Flash is basically the only plugin that is really needed for videos,and with the click to play it'll be easy.

Lets not get too paranoid with this move.........it's a good one.

firefoxuser
@centurytel.net

firefoxuser

Anon

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Why?

Flash is basically the only plugin that is really needed for videos,and with the click to play it'll be easy.

Lets not get too paranoid with this move.........it's a good one.

I did not ask for click-to-play or to break the web with this enabled by default. I will say this if moz don't give us a way to fully disable this I will be uninstalling firefox. I do not like any application blocking previous versions of flash and other plugins under some sort of security garbage that you must click to play first.

As the owner of my PC my choice will be to never use firefox if it cant be disabled.

Just like M$ wanting to charge a monthly fee for the windows blue OS and office its my choice to find better alternatives.

I think this is really more a push to html5 but you would have to ask Mozilla that question. I do see your point this will help safe guard users who don't know the web that well and that is a good thing but for the rest of us I want options not forced compliance.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

1 recommendation

therube

> I did not ask for click-to-play

It can be disabled.

> I will say this if moz don't give us a way to fully disable this I will be uninstalling firefox

I'm sure plenty will feel likewise.

> I think this is really more a push to html5

That is a possibility, though I wouldn't expect that to be their reasons for wanting to do this. html5 will have (does have) its own issues.

So we need to stay apprised, see what's going on, see what their intentions are, & steer their decisions.