spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kdwycha

join:2003-01-30
Riverview, FL

[TV] Are there any BHN HD-DVR's that do 1080p vs 1080i?

Just curious if there are any HD DVR's with BHN that do 1080p. I seem to be having lip sync issues on a new 47" LED that I purchased which wasn't cheap. It seems that 1080p produces no issues. I believe I have a Samsung HD-DVR at the moment.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:146

has nothing to do with 1080p or 1080i. Whats the make/model of the TV?

kdwycha

Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

said by BHNtechXpert:

has nothing to do with 1080p or 1080i. Whats the make/model of the TV?

It is a Vizio E470i-A0 47" LED 1080p 120hz TV. Had no issues with my old TV nor an old Sony. I have audio going through my surround sound and TOSLINK (SPDIF) out on Samsung HD-DVR.

Takes 15-30 mins for the lips to be out of sync with the audio and usually changing the channel fixes it.

Trying to get this resolved and if not have to bring TV back and get a Samsung.

kdwycha

Riverview, FL
reply to kdwycha

I just changed the Audio Coding Format from HDMI to Dolby (AC3) on the Samsung. Not only is it in the correct format now but maybe this will stop the issue. Will report any findings.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2

1080 I vs P has nothing to do with audio or sync issues. its also not the box that needs to be able, there is much more to it than that.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to kdwycha

Or the better solution...use component

DanG1974

join:2005-06-26
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:1
reply to kdwycha

Component would require the purchase of an additional wire because you'd need a TOSlink to carry sound.
HDMI carries everything in one compact wire, resulting in less clutter behind your TV and components.

kdwycha

Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to kdwycha

TOSLink goes to my surround sound and HDMI goes to my TV. Anyway as of halftime during the superbowl it seems to have fixed the issue by changing the audio setting on the STB from HDMI since I dont use sound on the TV anyway.

Thanks for all the insight

DanG1974

join:2005-06-26
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:1

For me, I have HDMI from my DVR to the receiver.

kdwycha

Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to kdwycha

Well the Dolby AC3 setting worked fine on channels that broadcast in Dolby Digital to fix the lip sync issue. I turned BN9 on this morning and had the same lip sync issue since it is Pro Logic II or something.

I turned the setting to PCM for the audio which sucks but maybe that will work for general use. I will just have to remember to change it to Dolby AC3 when I watch a movie or something. Hopefully this will fix it. I will look again in 30 mins or so and see if the audio doesnt match the lips.

kdwycha

Riverview, FL
reply to kdwycha

Anyone think swapping the Samsung out for another HD-DVR might help? I have BHN coming over today to install a HD receiver in another room.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to kdwycha

I don't but you are certainly free to try if the tech has one.

janderso1
Jim
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-15
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to kdwycha

Have you tried connecting the cable directly to the TV (or use a splitter to connect to both the TV and the STB)? You should get all the local HD channels without the STB. I realize that this isn’t a solution, but it may provide more information on the problem.

Your TV may also have a Lip sync adjustment. My Vizio SV420 M does.
--
Jim Anderson