plencnerb to Grumpy4

Premium Member

to Grumpy4

Re: [WIN7] 64 bit Windows 7 vs. an old DOS app

Click for full size
The Game itself
Click for full size
Section of the User Manual
I second the vote for DOSBox. I am currently running it to play a very old game called Sherlock. Screen shot included above for reference.

There is a word document that came with the game. See Pic #2 for a section of that document, and take note of the dates, and system requirements!

To get the screen shot of the game, it is in a window. But, you can run things in full screen mode without the window if you want.

I am currently running Windows 7 Enterprise x64, and it runs without any issues.

By the way, DOSBox also works without any problems on Windows 8.

--Brian

Michail
Premium Member
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL

Michail

Premium Member

said by plencnerb:

I second the vote for DOSBox. I am currently running it to play a very old game called Sherlock. Screen shot included above for reference.

There is a word document that came with the game. See Pic #2 for a section of that document, and take note of the dates, and system requirements!

To get the screen shot of the game, it is in a window. But, you can run things in full screen mode without the window if you want.

I am currently running Windows 7 Enterprise x64, and it runs without any issues.

By the way, DOSBox also works without any problems on Windows 8.

--Brian

Were you still able to get an license for such an old game?

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

I'm not sure. I know in the documentation, and on the main screen, there is a name and address of the person to send then $15 to. Not sure what would happen if I tried to do that today.

--Brian