share rss forum feed

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to PeteC2

Re: [Help] Best 10" Android Tablet?

Well I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and with 32GB and no expandable memory and in the more than a year that I've had it, I've never had a problem. Only annoying things that annoy me are that it uses that proprietary 30-pin Samsung connector, instead of a Micro USB port, the battery life is great, but it take FOREVER to charge (compared to cell phones and other devices, but that's probably why it also has such a long battery life, because it's most likely charging via a slow charge which is better for your battery life, as opposed to a fast charge, which isn't as good as a slow charge), and that there is no USB port for transferring data (either I have to use that proprietary cable and connect it to my computer and use Kies to transfer files on, or I use a regular USB stick and use the USB adapter (which is what I do) because that's just seems faster and more convenient.

In all that time, expandable memory probably would have been nice, but not really a big issue at all for me. I've still got about 13GB free on my Tab. My cousin is mot a power user like I am. Granted, you never really know, because once having the options and tools to do something, that may spur someone's usage to increase, but I doubt it in this case. I don't see him loading it up with tons of movies, music, etc that's going to eat up crazy memory like that.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo