spc
uniqs
Dominion
join:2002-06-20
Escondido, CA

Dominion to krenim191

to krenim191

Re: [CA] Upgrades in San Diego?

I am only bonding to 4/1 in northern Escondido.

Waitn
@cox.net

Waitn

Anon

With my new Cisco 8x4 modem my I still see 8 channels down / 1 channel up here in Vista. Better than the 4x1 I saw with my old Motorola 6120, but still. I've been on the lookout for upstream bonding for like a year now. Seems like forever to get it.

I still see Cox trucks doing work all over the place for some time now so I think it's coming soon. After hearing of the new speeds in the upgraded markets I just upgraded my modem to a 8x4 capable one and ordered a new gigabit router and switch because I realized only 100mb fast ethernet on my home network wont cut it with the new speeds.

unfeo
@cox.net

unfeo

Anon

What model Cisco modem do you use?

Waitn
@navy.mil

Waitn

Anon

said by unfeo :

What model Cisco modem do you use?

I got a free modem upgrade to a Cisco DPQ3212 from the Cox store the other day since I have their phone service and their Ultimate tier for internet. It immediately locked 8 downstream channels once installed. Got a new config file auto update from Cox that night. Signal levels are good and it seems to be stable and perform well so far.

Can't wait to see what this thing can do once the new speeds kick in. With lots of devices connected, we are a bunch of bandwidth pigs at my house.