spc
Search similar:

uniqs

UverseUser
@sbcglobal.net

UverseUser

Anon

ATT Put Me On Unneeded Line Profile - How to Change Back

My Uverse Internet used to sync at 13/1.5, but lately it's been syncing at 25/2. The sn margin has dropped significantly as well as the number of corrected blocks on my account. Since my download/upload speeds are supposed to be 6/1, I would prefer the lower line profile. I spoke with technical support online, and they told me that the sync rate was something they could not adjust. Do I need to speak with level 2 technical support, or is there any way I could fix this myself?

Any help would be appreciated.
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2

Just to be clear I am not a uvertech at this time. You will not get any of the support techs to lower your profile by a phone call or complaint, they want all customers to have their video services, and they will not run on the 13meg profile. If you want them to switch you back you need to play their stupid game like we did in the field. If you have a box of cat5, you can put rj11 ends on each end, easy to do, and viola, you just added 1000 ft to your loop length. Call tier2 and tell them you are having issues, which you will now, and tell them you want your profile lowered back to where it was and workd just fine.

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis to UverseUser

Mod

to UverseUser
There is a link here that allows you to post in the Direct forum if you are a registered user of this site.

»AT&T Direct

There you can post your BAN or Username and make your request there. It is the best possible way to achieve your goals without having to call in. I don't see why AT&T would not agree to decrease your line to increase your stability.
uverseuser5
join:2013-02-03

uverseuser5 to UverseUser

to UverseUser
Thank you for the replies. I will request help in the Direct forum as you suggested.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel to UverseUser

to UverseUser
Why anyone would want to sync at a lower rate is beyond me...

StillLearn
Premium Member
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

StillLearn

Premium Member

said by Paralel:

Why anyone would want to sync at a lower rate is beyond me...

The lower sync rate would mean fewer lost packets in the face of interference. It would not affect the throughput in good times since the account is limited to a lower speed bits per second anyway.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel

As long as the blocks are corrected, and not uncorrected, it really doesn't matter, no?

StillLearn
Premium Member
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

StillLearn

Premium Member

said by Paralel:

As long as the blocks are corrected, and not uncorrected, it really doesn't matter, no?

Yes.

So clearly the reason would be to avoid uncorrected errors.
uverseuser5
join:2013-02-03

uverseuser5 to Paralel

to Paralel
I'm experiencing quite a few uncorrected blocks in addition to a large amount of corrected blocks.