how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Vince

join:2013-01-08
reply to Vince

Re: [TWC] Possible problem with new Zoom 5341j

It seems to be happening more frequently today. I only notice when gaming though. It's so bad today I can't even play. Any ideas?

scififan68

join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE

Why is your upstream channels only QAM16? You have a 3.2MHz and a 6.4MHz width upstream channel, I bet noise is causing your modem to degrade your signal to QAM16 possibly packet loss on the upstream, and you have bonded upstream channels which makes things even worse.

Vince

join:2013-01-08

Here are my upstream numbers right now:

Upstream Bonding Channel Value
Channel ID 6 5
Frequency 23800000 Hz 19000000 Hz
Ranging Service ID 14033 0
Symbol Rate 5.120 Msym/sec 2.560 Msym/sec
Power Level 45 dBmV 45 dBmV
Upstream Modulation [3] QPSK
[3] 16QAM
[3] QPSK
[2] 16QAM

Ranging Status Success Success

Is there any way for me to tell if noise is the issue or will I need a tech to come here?

scififan68

Fremont, NE

Your signal as far as I can tell is fine, but you can't see the upstream SNR, which has to be read as an average at the CMTS. I bet this problem will take a very long time to fix, since it isn't something that can be easily seen by TWC. Not even a house tech can see the upstream SNR, so sending one of those out will just waste time. I guess you can try to call Tier 3 and see what they can do, but I doubt they will do much.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by scififan68:

Your signal as far as I can tell is fine, but you can't see the upstream SNR, which has to be read as an average at the CMTS. I bet this problem will take a very long time to fix, since it isn't something that can be easily seen by TWC. Not even a house tech can see the upstream SNR, so sending one of those out will just waste time. I guess you can try to call Tier 3 and see what they can do, but I doubt they will do much.

actually yes a house tech can see the upstream snr they just have to have their spectrum analyzer tool set to the upstream channels if they are programmed into it.

scififan68

Fremont, NE

Ah nice I did not know that, well it may still be difficult to get the right person to do a spectrum analysis, but that is my experience so far, TWC is hard to actually get to fix issues that aren't apparent to them.