how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Paraniod

@comcast.net
reply to Johkal

Re: Administrative Menu of Wireless Gateway

FWIW I'm not sure it is bridged, seems strange they would do that without telling the user. I have seen others, not being able to get to the login page (without being bridged), one user reported clearing the browser cache did the trick, but who knows...?

Like Johkal says gateways 'aint good, get them to swap it for an Arris 722G/822G. It will make you happier!

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
I agree that Comcast wouldn't normally put it in Bridged mode unless the customer requested it. What ever is going on with this modem is beyond me.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to Paraniod
said by Paraniod :

FWIW I'm not sure it is bridged, seems strange they would do that without telling the user...

I will agree that Comcast should not have put the OP's gateway into bridge mode without notification, but since the OP's external router has a WAN IP address of 71.199.xx.yy, there is no doubt that the router is connected to a bridge, not a gateway.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.