how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

joelliot

join:2002-01-28
West Warwick, RI

ipad/iphone fios app "not available in us itunes store"

OK, I was trying to install the Fios mobile app for ipad/iphone on a second ipad today and cannot find it now. A search on the apple app store for "iphone Fios" returns, ready... the Cox cable app.

Is there a update or screw-up? I did see some new options on the TV menu about entering my Verizion mobile number -- which I don't have. Verizon isn't trying to make people get their wireless to get the remote app are they?

Anyone have any ideas? Hopefully by the time you read this it will be working.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

Re: ipad/iphone fios app "not available in us itunes store&

I read on the forum somewhere that some people were having authentication issues with the app, My guess is they pulled it until they work out the bugs. That happened previously before they launched the live tv viewing feature.

Elijahwww

@verizon.net

All of Verizon apps were pulled from the app-store. I was having so many problems starting the live streaming app (Verizon fios mobile) so I tried to see comments in ratings to find a possible cause. My router setup is not standard, I run 1 extra bridged AP router in the house, and I recently disabled UPnP. That wan't it. Found no results in the AppStore search at first, then checked each of fios apps linked from their site. None are available. I am guessing their capacity planning was a bit on a conservative side, they underestimated the demand for this service.

Now I wish I bought that Slingshot setup BEFORE this service became available for "free". Now it is harder to justify the purchase, but if version persists with these outages, it may become necessary.

Elijahwww

join:2013-02-03
Needham Heights, MA

Looks like the service has been restored. The Mobile app is back up in AppStore.