share rss forum feed

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to jmck

Re: How to transfer with no down time (TSI to Start)?

said by jmck:

ok so Rogers doesn't do any 'moves' on the weekend.
Start really should be warning people about this, what a waste of a weekend.

Wow, no kidding. That's the first slip-up we've seen for Start.ca thus far.
Bummer.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..

and of course after making that whiny post, i'm now getting an IP from Start. doesn't really change the fact that TPIAs aren't able to escalate anything to Rogers on the weekends tho.

Others should likely avoid a weekend/Friday activation since it can't be escalated and fixed with Rogers until Monday if you are going to use the same modem from your existing provider.

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13

1 edit

My buddy who's switching this weekend saw his Teksavvy deactivated this morning (8-9am), and his Start.ca service only fired up a few minutes ago now (3pm).

ssherwood
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Toronto, ON

I got a call earlier this evening, and it seems that I was misinformed and that I will in fact likely have some downtime during my transfer.

I really appreciate that Start called me to let me know that I should be prepared for 24-48 hours without Internet service. My past experience with the majors would have seen my install date come and go without a word to let me know.

Of course, I'd rather avoid the downtime altogether if at all possible, but at least I know in advance and have the opportunity to make or change plans if needed.

1/2 kudo for the heads up ... I won't take any points away for the mixup... Just hope the new service is worth the hassle.

-- SS

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

said by ssherwood:

I got a call earlier this evening, and it seems that I was misinformed and that I will in fact likely have some downtime during my transfer.

I really appreciate that Start called me to let me know that I should be prepared for 24-48 hours without Internet service. My past experience with the majors would have seen my install date come and go without a word to let me know....

After all, they ARE called 'Start COMMUNICATIONS', eh ?!