spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

binarg

join:2013-02-03

Help with Acanac's refusal to refund modem fee

Just to pitch in another voice with the same situation about Acanac "refund policy" (in my eyes this is pure theft).

Story is similar to previous couple of others; had DSL with Acanac, ordered cable internet from them, couldn't have reliable service for a week+ (modem would loose connection at evening and would't come online until next morning daily and over whole weekend...

Submitted daily tickets with status updates to Acanac daily to no avail, decided to cancel the service (it was 9 days after installation day), waited for refund 2 months, decided to involve BBB, took another month or so to get but partial refund...

No modem fee, no shipping, no installation, no tax...

For service they never delivered..

What is next step; CRT, CCTS or Small Claims?

Anybody has any info to share to shorten the procedure?

This is for me page out of the book from Consumer Protection Act here, the worst thing is I was Acanac customer before and DURING that all ordeal (DSL) in order to support business of people I thought are on our side against monopoly of big corporations.

Now I canceled ALL my services with them (DSL, cable interned, VOiP) and want my money back!!!!

Any info is appreciated, on the forum or PM me privately, it's all good.

Thanks,

binarg

LanAdmin

join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms

30 Day Money Back Guarantee
... Acanac's High Speed Internet Service you may cancel the service within 30 days of activation. We will offer you a complete refund of the fees and taxes you paid for the service "minus your modem purchase and activation fee".
»www.acanac.ca/cable.html

Fergless
Premium
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
reply to binarg

Continued:

»WOW You HAVE to CHECK This EXPERIENCE Out------Not GOOD----

hickins

join:2009-05-27
Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·Distributel Cable
·Acanac
·InPhonex
·Cogeco Cable

I've signed up with DSL, and the DSL page says "If we can't fix them to your liking and you're not 100% satisfied with
your purchase of Acanac's High Speed Internet Service you may cancel the service within 30 days of activation. We will offer you a complete refund of the fees and taxes you paid for the service."

»www.acanac.ca/DSL.html

So nothing about modem fees here, why I didn't get the modem refund?? Now I ended up filing a complaint with CCTS and waiting for the response....

ammar_0001

@cgocable.net
reply to LanAdmin

I've signed up with DSL, and the DSL page says "If we can't fix them to your liking and you're not 100% satisfied with
your purchase of Acanac's High Speed Internet Service you may cancel the service within 30 days of activation. We will offer you a complete refund of the fees and taxes you paid for the service."

»www.acanac.ca/DSL.html

So nothing about modem fees here, why I didn't get the modem refund?? Now I ended up filing a complaint with CCTS and waiting for the response....

darknestgirl

join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac
·Videotron

your righ
It's in this link: »acanac.com/User-Agreement.html

30 Day Money Back. If you are not satisfied with our service for any reason within the first 30 days, Acanac will provide a full refund less any usage incurred through long distance charges. After the initial 30 day period a customer must complete the remainder of the term. Customer(s) may choose to cancel the account prior to the end of term however, no refund will be issued for that period. Acanac Inc. understands that due to the nature of our technology and affiliations with other partners, issues can occur which are out of our control. In such cases Acanac Billing department may choose at our sole discretion to grant refunds on a case by case basis. Furthermore the 30 day unconditional money back guarentee does not apply for renewals. Customers must terminate the agreement before or on the renewal date. Should a client forget to terminate before the renewal date, clients will be required to pay each additional month of service ( at the monthly rate ) and the remainder will be refunded. We also provide a full refund for the DSL modem and Voip ATA if cancellation is made within the 30 day no obligation period. After the initial 30 day period Acanac Inc. will not accept the return of your hardware. Shipping and Handling fees are non-refundable.

And you can read it here too: »www.acanac.com/cgi-bin/acanac.cg···DSL.html

Modem Info
We are now charging $49.95 Canadian for all DSL modems. We do provide a full refund for the modem if cancellation is made within the 30 day no obligation period.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

1 edit
reply to binarg

@binarg, hickins, ammar_0001

Let the Billing department know about your issues, you can contact them at billing@acanac.com

binarg

join:2013-02-03

said by Fergless:

@binarg, hickins, ammar_0001

Let the Billing department know about your issues, you can contact them at billing@acanac.com

Well, in my original post it states clearly that I already tried BBB, went through whole procedure and answer from Acanac was f.. off.

So, obviously I did inform Billing about issue first, then BBB informed it again and failed since they refused to do anything and here we are...

Good thing about all this is by reading this forum throughly, I discovered that I have Acanac DSL modem from before (when they called "deposit" as it is) and refused to receive modem back and refund it at the end of the term) and also that people got their money back since Paul personally promised they will honour that part of the Agreement from that time.

So I now have 2 cases to go after them and I will.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

Good luck with it binarg

acanac101

@symcor.com
reply to binarg

I too have this problem, when I signed up in 2008 my invoice say 49.95 deposit.

Now that I have switched over to their cable package and ask for my deposit back they tell me the deposit ha been converted to purchase when i renew the DSL plan. I have no idea.