spc
Search similar:

uniqs
r_2016
join:2005-12-06

r_2016

Fios Moca

Hi,

On my Motorola HD box (I think 7100 series) I noticed that there is an rj-45 jack on the back; does anyone know if this box can be used as a Moca bridge seeing that it already has an ip address and is considered "a node". I am nearing the limit for nodes on my system and that would help if I could use that rj-45 jack to connect my blu-ray player, so I can connect it to the internet. Also, I think the limit for Moca devices on Verizon Fios 1.0 is 8 if I am not mistaken; does anyone know if this is counting the ONT? Right now I have 4 set top boxes and 2 netgear Moca devices that communicate directly with my Actiontec router; if it does not included the ONT I should be able to add one more netgear Moca bridge. Thanks

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr

MVM

No, RJ-45 is not enabled.

MoCA WAN is not included in MoCA LAN's 7 plus router limit. You can add you MoCA bridge.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to r_2016

MVM

to r_2016
said by r_2016:

On my Motorola HD box (I think 7100 series) I noticed that there is an rj-45 jack on the back; does anyone know if this box can be used as a Moca bridge

The RJ-45 jack is not active.
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »Are the ethernet jacks & USB ports on my STB active?
said by r_2016:

I think the limit for Moca devices on Verizon Fios 1.0 is 8 if I am not mistaken; does anyone know if this is counting the ONT?

You're referring to the MOCA 1.0 specification (not FIOS).
The limit for the MOCA 1.0 specification is indeed 8. That includes the Actiontec. The ONT is not counted as that is on the MOCA WAN channel, not the MOCA LAN channel.
said by r_2016:

Right now I have 4 set top boxes and 2 netgear Moca devices that communicate directly with my Actiontec router;

I count 7 devices including the router, so you should be able to add a third MOCA LAN bridge.

wmcbrine
join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD

wmcbrine to r_2016

to r_2016
FWIW, if you happen to get a TiVo Premiere 4 (but not the two-tuner model), it actually does work as a MoCA bridge.