spc
Search similar:

uniqs

DanG1974
join:2005-06-26
Saint Petersburg, FL

DanG1974

Feel Partially Deceived by BH

Last February I wanted to have HBO in time for the premier of the 3rd season of Eastbound & Down. I called hoping for any discounted promotions and the rep I spoke with had one which gave me HBO and an upgrade in Internet speeds for an additional $10/month, guaranteed for a year. I jumped on it.

A couple of weeks ago, knowing the promo was coming to an end, I called BH hoping to extend the promo or find a comparable one. The rep told me that my current promo was no longer available, but for an additional $10/month I could add home phone service and get another Internet upgrade, this one requiring a new modem. This promo was guaranteed for 2 years. I reluctantly accepted it.

Whenever I call to change services, I always ask what my total monthly bill after taxes and surcharges will be. For 2012 I was paying $143. With the new promo for this year I was told it would be under $155 after taxes. I hated the idea of paying more than $150/month for cable, but HBO is important to me and would've raised my bill much higher without any special promotion.

Today I received my bill and it was much, much higher than I was quoted. Nearly $200. I understand it has to do with being prorated and all, but still didn't seem right. I called to question everything and the rep told me that under the new promotion that I had just begun, my bill would be $171/month after taxes. I explained that was nearly $20 higher than what I was quoted and agreed to. Unfortunately he could not find anything stating that my bill should be lower and could not do anything for me to lower it without dropping services/channels. I immediately told him to drop phone service and lower my Internet speed to see if that could get me at an affordable monthly rate. The best he could do for me was drop phone service and give me the lowest possible Internet tier. My new bill will be $154/month. I agreed and he scheduled a tech to come replace my modem, which will be on the 12th of this month.

One thing I didn't think of while on the phone, which inspired me to voice my displeasure here, is that I have an Apple TV with my main TV and a Roku in my bedroom. With the most basic Internet package, will I be able to watch stuff without constant buffering.
I will be really upset if I see any buffering messages pop up on my TV.
It just really bothers me that I can't pay the original monthly price that I was quoted, and that the rep I spoke with today couldn't do anything for me without losing any services.
All it will take is a few buffering messages and I'll be ready to bolt toward another provider.

Gary, I know you have some pull around here. First off, do you expect I'll experience buffering issues, and, is there anything you can do to help keep my current speeds at the current price? I have no interest in phone service and will gladly drop that if it means a cheaper rate.

Thanks,

Dan

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim

Please open the direct forums and post your IP address so BHNTechXpert can pull up your account
»/fo ··· sedirect
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to DanG1974

Premium Member

to DanG1974
Dan lets take a look at your bill together tomorrow...post your IP in direct so I can pull your account data and I'll call you.

DanG1974
Saint Petersburg, FL

DanG1974

Will do. Thanks, Gary.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to DanG1974

Premium Member

to DanG1974
Dan how are things going?

JeffMD
join:2002-08-16
Edgewater, FL

JeffMD to DanG1974

to DanG1974
hopefully you were able to get your bill figured out, sounds like someone really dropped the ball.

As for your internet streaming, you should have no issues. Online HD streaming is usually 3-6mbps so you got plenty of headroom.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by JeffMD:

hopefully you were able to get your bill figured out, sounds like someone really dropped the ball.

As for your internet streaming, you should have no issues. Online HD streaming is usually 3-6mbps so you got plenty of headroom.

I addressed the specific concerns..

DanG1974
Saint Petersburg, FL

DanG1974 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I really won't know until my next bill arrives.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to DanG1974

Premium Member

to DanG1974
Let me know Dan