uniqs

Hydraglass
Premium Member
join:2002-05-08

Hydraglass to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz

Re: Futureshop/Bestbuy abruptly shut down a dozen stores

What's even worse, is at least for me, Best Buy has turned into a "showroom" where I go look at the merchandise, play with it, get my hands on it, decide if it's the one I want - model, type, etc - and then I go home and buy it online from wherever I get the best price and deal. If the BestBuy price was the best, I just end up buying it online from their site anyway - same price and home delivery so I don't have to go back and stand in line or answer questions about extended warranty.

The ONLY things I've bought in store at Best Buy the last 2-3 years are 4 flat panel TV's - shipping and delivery isn't reasonable on 36-55 inch tv's.

sm5w2
Premium Member
join:2004-10-13
St Thomas, ON

sm5w2

Premium Member

> What's even worse, is at least for me, Best Buy has turned into a "showroom" where I go look
> at the merchandise, play with it, get my hands on it, decide if it's the one I want - model, type,
> etc - and then I go home and buy it online from wherever I get the best price and deal.

You do realize that they've coined a term for exactly that behavior - don't you?

It's called "show-rooming".

So the next time you're at a big-box store, and (by some miracle) a salesperson walks up to you and asks if he can help you, I dare you to say "No - I'm just show-rooming..."

See if slaps you upside the head.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by sm5w2:

See if slaps you upside the head.

... and if you worked there and did that, you obviously wouldn't work there for very long because you don't have a clue of what you'd be doing.

Someone worth anything would provide you with the best service possible and point out that they price match online prices. Doing so would have the potential to turn that show-rooming into a sale, even if it may not be at posted price.