spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Redbox
join:2013-02-03
Scarborough, ON

Redbox

[General] First Post - PBX Recommendation & Help

Finally got an account here. I would first like to say hi to everyone and thing the guys at DSLReports for making my life easier with all the tools and information.

Now moving on to the fun stuff.

I have been reading up on different methods of running a PBX type system for my store. This is what I have soo far, please feel free to correct me.

3CX would be my choice of system (lack of knowledge in linux and never will). **No Virtual Machine, running dedicated system or prebuilt system.

I currently already have a provider locally (Toronto) for my outgoing and incoming BUT I am planning to get maybe a few Toll Free numbers from which ever company I will go with.

First off, I am planning to use service providers such as RingCentral, Callcentric, Anveo but I am also seeing VirtualPBX, iTeleCentre, Grasshopper, eVoice and phone.com. Other than pricing are there any differences between them all? *I will also need VANITY #.

Which of these will be the best if I am located in Toronto?

Would voip.ms be another good choice?

Minutewise I will need alot because we will be having lots of customers calling in and sometimes calls can be up to 1 hour.

From my knowledge, when I have any incoming calls to these provider and EVEN if I forward or keep them on hold my minutes are being used, it this true?

I will need to have IVR, call queue and off hours maybe a function that will allow us to play promos while they are on hold.

Mainly I would like to know if I should go with 3CX right away or should I use these providers and then migrate over to save my time. At this point the service fees are not really a problem if I can get everything up and running right away but the minutes and functions are very important.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

It sounded like you have already fixed yourself with 3CX. If that is the case, stick with it. For me, I prefer to build my own PBX System with some inexpensive Linux embedded system.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state

crazyk4952 to Redbox

Premium Member

to Redbox
You may not need to run your own PBX software at all. Some of those providers on your list provide many features already and you would be duplicating them with your PBX software.

What features are you looking for?
rblizz
join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX

rblizz to mazilo

to mazilo
said by mazilo:

It sounded like you have already fixed yourself with 3CX. If that is the case, stick with it. For me, I prefer to build my own PBX System with some inexpensive Linux embedded system.

Yep. Me too. But then I've been using Linux exclusively for about five years now.

Redbox
Scarborough, ON

Redbox

I replied with a list of wants but can't seem to see it again but it is in my list of post... i quoted replied crazyk4952
Redbox

2 edits

Redbox

3CX will be step 2, we want to have a hosted solution running first while we play around with the 3CX demo

-Call Queue
-Press X for promotions then play promotions
-Play promotions while on hold (Information On Hold)
-Call Back system press 1 for call back
-Transfer Live call to another extension
-Ring all extension
-Unlimited incoming (soo far Ringcentral)
-Under $50/Month (Can be prepaid for 1 year)
-Vanity# 1-8xx (Same Provider)
-IVR
-Call Recording
-Call Announce (Annouce what extension, sales/support/general)
-Call Conference
-Follow Me
-After Hour/Schedule
-Fax (In/Out)
-Voice Mail
-Extensions
-Mobile App
-Call Wait

*Note that all extensions might be cellphone/landline/voip
*Callture,Ringcentral,Anveo,phone.com,Callcentric,virtualpbx
*Does location of service affect me, I am in Toronto
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga

grand total

How many users? How many incoming toll-free minutes per month?

Within reason, it doesn't matter where your provider is.

Redbox
Scarborough, ON

Redbox to crazyk4952

to crazyk4952
-IVR
-Call Queue
-Play Promo's While On Hold or Press X for Promotions then play promos
-After Hours/Scheduled Forwarding
-Be able to hear who called & which extension such as sales/support/general
-While talking I can forward them to another extension (Live Call Transfer)
-Call Conference
-Ring All Extension
*Note that extensions can be landline/cellphone/voip
-Unlimited Incoming (Toll Free) (phone.com/Ringcentral are only ones that have at the moment)
-Call Recording
-Vanity Toll Free (With Same Provider)
-Call Back (Press 1 for call back then leave your number)
-Under $50/Month (Can Be Prepaid)

**PS, 3CX will be step 2 once I get used to getting a PBX running.

*CallCentric, Anveo, RingCentral, phone.com, Callture, VirtualPBX

Does the location of the provider affect performance? Which Provider will be best if I am in Toronto

desklarry
@verizon.net

1 edit

desklarry to Redbox

Anon

to Redbox
first tried to roll my own PBX with Linux, it worked, but little things were not right and the Digium add-on cards were too expensive and I really didn't want to keep opening the server, then thought about 3CX but then instead, finally went with the Grandstream PBX which has been super easy to use and trouble free from the start, like plugging in a toaster and moving on with other more important projects. It is basically a plug and play appliance and you can expand it with more ports, etc. You program it with a web browser over your own network. Pretty simple and lots of features. This is the one that I got and I'll add some link to some of the add-ons if you need more POTS line inputs, or more traditional POTS device outputs (old phones, fax machines, etc.), etc:

Grandstream PBX plug and play appliance $475

Grandstream 4/8 extra port FXO gateway $188

Grandstream 8 extra ports FXS gateway $158

and they have other things to add on as necessary, overall it has worked like a charm, just wanted to pass this along, and by the way, they have a PBX with more built-in lines to start with too (the one above starts with 4 POTS lines built-in)

If I had to put a PBX together for someone else, I would do this without even thinking

anyways good luck

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state

crazyk4952 to Redbox

Premium Member

to Redbox
I might take a closer look at Anveo. I believe they have most/all of the features that you want without the need to run your own PBX.

Redbox
Scarborough, ON

1 edit

Redbox

Are the GrandStream PBX similar to the Cisco UC320/UC540 or snom ONE Mini

desklarry
Redbox

2 edits

Redbox

I need something like how Ringcentral gives unlimited for $40 OR plans with 2500-5000 minutes around the 40-60 dollar range with all the functions

crazyk4952 See Profile