Search similar:

uniqs

MarvinsMagic
@comcast.net

MarvinsMagic

Anon

Brick,NJ- Verizon Fios availability?

Hi-

I live off of Mantoloking Road in Brick,NJ and was wondering if we'll ever get Fios? Almost four years ago Verizon had contractors putting in conduit in my neighborhood, but it's still not available. I'm not far from the 7-Eleven on Mantoloking Road if that helps.
nyrrule27
join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ

nyrrule27

I'm in howell and if your out of the CO on van zile it prob never happen. I'm in the same boat.

MarvinsMagic
@comcast.net

MarvinsMagic

Anon

I believe that I'm serviced by the CO on Drum Point Road (Osbornville?). I've heard that certain areas of Brick (Drum Point, Baywood) have Fios, but when I call or check online it still says that it isn't available in my part of town (Breton Woods). I've had it up to here with Comcast and would switch over to Fios if it was available.

Is the Directv w/ Verizon DSL bundle a good deal?
OpieSimmons
join:2008-05-10
New York, NY

OpieSimmons to MarvinsMagic

to MarvinsMagic
Are you in a buried area? It is all around you but if your particular area is not built, it will likely never be.

NyQuil Kid
8f The Nyquil Kid
join:2001-01-06
Brick, NJ

NyQuil Kid to MarvinsMagic

to MarvinsMagic
FiOS is available right up to Cedar Bridge Road, which is off of Mantoloking Road. Cedar Bridge Road appears to be the demarcation line for now. I live off of Van Zile Road and know that area is NOT wired for FiOS.
nyrrule27
Howell, NJ

nyrrule27

there is fios avail on chambers bridge between like shop rite and the high school. based on franchise agreements with the state vz is supposed to build out the entire state. but like the new york agreement im sure there is a way for them to wiggle out of it. so dont get your hopes up
Expand your moderator at work
OpieSimmons
join:2008-05-10
New York, NY

OpieSimmons to nyrrule27

to nyrrule27

Re: Brick,NJ- Verizon Fios availability?

No, they are not required to build out the state of New Jersey. Only specific townships. The agreement was the state opened up as one entity for the build, not a full build out agreement.
nyrrule27
Howell, NJ

nyrrule27

Have you actually seen the agreement. If you have i would like to see it. would need to pass this on to the union
Light Guy
join:2006-05-12
Somerville, NJ

Light Guy

said by nyrrule27:

Have you actually seen the agreement. If you have i would like to see it. would need to pass this on to the union

The Union could probably pass this info on to you, and the general public should be able to get the info from their Nj State Legislative Representative.
In NJ Verizon did not attempt to negotiate individual TV franchises, so in the beginning Data and Telephone were all that was available. The Statewide TV Franchise had some stipulations

It`s been awhile since I viewed it
Municipal Buildings within a Fios area receive free basic TV and Internet

The build out has to do with Municipalities over a certain population, this would apply to Urban area like Newark and Jersey City.
Also I believe it covered County Seats as well, as long as they are currently served by Verizon.
There was a date which I am sure has already passed in which Verizon was to start 'fibering' these areas.