stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

state to skj

Mod

to skj

Re: [bug] Find forum from All Forums doesn't work

Not quite that peppy for me, IIRC, the few times I've used it there was lag.

Trying again:
Firefox 4-5 seconds
Chrome 7 seconds
Safari 6 seconds

Maybe the search term has something to do with it.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

What term are you trying?
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to state

Premium Member

to state
"General Questions" took 3 seconds. "Security" took 6 seconds on Fx 10 ESR.

If the "Go" button is to go to the forum in the drop down list that you choose then why does the name of the forum appear clickable? That's a bit confusing and one reason if the list doesn't appear quickly one might assume "Go" button was to be used to get the list.

On Opera 12, both (General Questions and Security) take about 6-7 seconds to appear. Rant, Raves and Praise takes 2 seconds on Opera and Fx! Besides General Questions, the other one I usually am looking for using All Forums is one not available until you apply to belong and are accepted. So, when I put the name of it in the search box, a bunch of other not relevant forums were shown. I suppose this is why we are told to set up "favorite" forums instead.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

That field is actually designed to find forums by keyword, not necessarily forums by name. The easier way for you might be to expand all, then use (if available to you) command-f to find the name on the page.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

skj to state

Mod

to state
It must be my peppy internet connection. I am using Firefox. Actually, it does take a few seconds to populate the whole list, but suggestions come up immediately while typing the search term.

state
stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

state to tmpchaos

Mod

to tmpchaos
"Security"