Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Exand

join:2001-10-28
Canada
reply to Foggy

Re: [BC] Today - usage cut in half - 28 Days Later a $5 increase

Whatever happened to the TV Rate Protection Plan anyway? I remember I didn't get the price increase back in April 2011 because of that (granted I had to sign a 3 year contract to get it).

TELUS TV and High Speed Internet Rate Change
Effective April 1, 2011 the regular monthly rate for The Essentials will increase by $3/month. Since you are in a TV Rate Protection Plan, you will not be affected by this increase until your term expires.

I did get hit with this:

Optik TV price change
Starting July 10, 2012, the price fo Optik TV theme packs will increase to $9 per month.

And this:

Optik TV rate change
Effective Nov. 18, 2012, the regular monthly rate for individually ordered channels will increase from $3/month to $4/month. For a complete list of individual channels, please visit telus.com/optiktv

And this annoyed me since it's a channel I watch (least they could do is throw in an extra channel for that package to replace Spike):

Spike TV channel discontinued
As of Feb. 28, 2013 Spike TV on channel 150 will no longer be available on Optik TV. All other channels in the Adventure theme pack remain unchanged.

And now we're going to be hit with this in March? ($4 increase)

As of March 2013, we're changing our rates for Optik TV services to existing customers. Your new rate will be reflected on your March bill.

Our new regular monthly rates are as follows:

- Essentials will increase to $34/month ($29/month in a TELUS home services bundle)
- Medium choice combo will increase to $73/month ($68/month in a TELUS home services bundle). Customers who subscribed to the Medium choice combo prior to November 2012 will see an increase to $69/month ($64/month in a TELUS home services bundle).
- Large TV combo will increase to $84/month ($79/month in a TELUS home services bundle)
- All-in combo will increase to $140/month ($135/month in a TELUS home services bundle)

Also ouch if the price increase really is $5 for Internet with the dropped caps since we got hit with the price increase in 2011 and this a little over 6 months ago :|

Also, effective April 1, 2011 the regular monthly rate for TELUS Internet service will increase by $2/month.

TELUS High Speed Internet Rate Change
Effective June 12, 2012, the regular monthly rate for TELUS High Speed Internet service will increase by $3 per month.

I get Telus is a business and I understand they can raise prices / want to make money, but I'd wish they'd throw us a bone once in a while here. :|