Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

[NFL] Superbowl - The Three Chokers.

Well...we have three chokers (so far) tonight.

1. Half-time show with Beyonce...yeah..
2. The 49'ers...they CHOKED! LARGE.
3. The SuperDome in New Orleans. Half the lights are out. So the stadium choked too.

We did have a 109 yard touchdown though...very nice...new record too.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Was it just me or did Beyonce try too hard to show people she was really singing?

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
reply to J E F F

said by J E F F:

2. The 49'ers...they CHOKED! LARGE.

I don't feel the 49'ers choked...More to me that Joe Flacco and his team is soundly kicking their ass up and down and the field.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to J E F F

They have not chocked yet - btw - they changed the yardage to 108. So one Choke so far...

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
reply to Subaru

Well...she was out to prove she can sing w/o a tape.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

It just looked like she was just trying to hard to show that.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to CylonRed

said by CylonRed:

They have not chocked yet - btw - they changed the yardage to 108. So one Choke so far...

So this tied a record then? That was 15 years ago with Green Bay, IIRC? Still, that is impressive

Does look like the 49'ers are making a comeback. They'll (Ravens) will blame the power failure for this.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

yes - it tied the record.

jkj860
The Final Frontier

join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN
reply to J E F F

I was having some beers while Beyonce did her thing so I missed it. You gotta have priorities!

Nightwing
This is it boys,this is war
Premium
join:2002-04-08
CT

1 recommendation

reply to J E F F

Well I guess if shaking your ass around and flicking your hair all over the place counts as talent, then she has a lot of it.
--
A fire burns today Of blasphemy and genocide The sirens of decay
Will infiltrate the faith fanatics

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
reply to J E F F

I couldn't even watch the halftime show after the first minute. Horrendous.
--
"You lie!" Talk about an understatement, Joe.

BigReds42
Premium
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

Refs choked on that last series... holding all the way.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
reply to J E F F

How embarassing for the Super Dome. That was the biggest choke of the night. Well next to the 49ers comeback.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA
reply to BigReds42

said by BigReds42:

Jim H. looks like a crying girl when he whines on the sidelines. I didn't have a dog in this hunt but Jim H. is a douche and I'm glad he lost.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Voxxjin

said by Voxxjin:

How embarassing for the Super Dome. That was the biggest choke of the night. Well next to the 49ers comeback.

The 49'ers did have a great comeback, they just fell short. Typical for a choker.

I agree that the Superdome was the biggest choker of the night. Of all the nights, the dome decides February 3rd to take off.
--

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

quote:
The 49'ers did have a great comeback, they just fell short. Typical for a choker.
Ummm - no - not a choke... If this was a choke then just about EVERY game ever played (as long as someone lost) was a choke.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
reply to BigReds42

nm

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to J E F F

Halftime show was brutal... In comparison to Madonna last year it was like night & day.

It was the Ravens who nearly choked after that power outage.

And as for the lights, lol... It was fun to watch the analysts spew out bullshit, clearly they were not really prepared for that much extra airtime...
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
reply to BigReds42

said by BigReds42:

Despite pulling for the Niners I've got to disagree with you. Yeah, the DB held because he had to in order to recover from the stiff arm push off by the receiver. Plus the pass was over thrown too. Uncatchable?

Harbaugh's play calling on the last four plays by SF with first and goal was not the greatest.
--
The signal is usually drowned out by the noise.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to HiVolt

I went to bed shortly after the game resumed, had to be up at 4 and missed the Ravens nearly lose it. Although it seems to be a team that needs a fast pace to win, and the power outage just about made them implode. Would have been one hell of a comeback..
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to J E F F

The SuperDome definitely choked, and it lasted over 30 minutes.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to J E F F

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Rook008

said by Rook008:

Mercedes must have not been a happy sponsor, they were showing the inside roof where the lights were out and there's a bigass Mercedes logo there
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY

I remember that, it was hilarious.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to J E F F

I must of missed that..

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to J E F F

There were actually a few, now that I check online.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

said by Rook008:

Mercedes must have not been a happy sponsor, they were showing the inside roof where the lights were out and there's a bigass Mercedes logo there

You mean must have BEEN a happy sponsor? They got a ton of extra television exposure to that mercedes symbol during the power outage
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
Marion, IA

said by pflog:

said by HiVolt:

said by Rook008:

You mean must have BEEN a happy sponsor? They got a ton of extra television exposure to that mercedes symbol during the power outage

I doubt they are happy about it. I laughed at the sight of the logo in the dark too. The MB product brand is associated with a laughing stock power outage. Not exactly what executives lay awake at night hoping for.
--
Save water...drink beer!
--
#occupytheworkplace
--
Obama...it's junior high school all over again!
--
Democrats don't mind raising taxes because democrats don't pay taxes.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3

said by drslash:

I doubt they are happy about it. I laughed at the sight of the logo in the dark too. The MB product brand is associated with a laughing stock power outage. Not exactly what executives lay awake at night hoping for.

I think it's reading way too much into it. Everyone I was watching with just noticed their logo and we all shared the same sentiment "wow, free advertising". To go a step further and somehow associate Mercedes, a car company, with the power outage is just not something I imagine the average Mercedes would-be buyer was thinking. *shrug*
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
Marion, IA

said by pflog:

said by drslash:

I think it's reading way too much into it. Everyone I was watching with just noticed their logo and we all shared the same sentiment "wow, free advertising". To go a step further and somehow associate Mercedes, a car company, with the power outage is just not something I imagine the average Mercedes would-be buyer was thinking. *shrug*

TV announcers were saying Mercedes-Benz Super Dome every 2 minutes. There was plenty of positive advertising. Seeing the logo in the dark would not be classified as positive in any book. Broken stadium with MB logo is not, in any stretch of the imagination, something MB hoped for or wanted.

It's just my opinion. If I was an MB marketing exec I wouldn't be giddy about it *shrug*
--
Save water...drink beer!
--
#occupytheworkplace
--
Obama...it's junior high school all over again!
--
Democrats don't mind raising taxes because democrats don't pay taxes.