uniqs

Optional
join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON

Optional to Annex

to Annex

Re: [Cable] Teksavvy Cable vs Rogers/Start

said by squircle:

This is me correcting you because you're wrong: upload speeds are going up too. It's all outlined in this thread (page 10-ish if I remember correctly): »CNOC speed matching decision due next week

I'm counting the minutes..you have no idea..

For my work we all use google docs.. when I'm uploading stuff my internet is just GARBAGE. It's a lost cause trying to convince my work to use dropbox because of the sheer undertaking of transferring it all, and I'm just a regular employee , but at least dropbox has an upload limiter.

Google Drive just pumps it out as fast as your upload can go, and when I'm uploading 20gb+ raw unedited video files, which I have to do some of the time it takes forEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER.

Dones
join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON

Dones

Not forever, around two days if you don't touch your internet. If Teksavvy can offer 45/7 then I'll be happy.
Annex
join:2007-11-21
Kitchener, ON

Annex to Optional

to Optional
said by Optional:

said by squircle:

This is me correcting you because you're wrong: upload speeds are going up too. It's all outlined in this thread (page 10-ish if I remember correctly): »CNOC speed matching decision due next week

I'm counting the minutes..you have no idea..

For my work we all use google docs.. when I'm uploading stuff my internet is just GARBAGE. It's a lost cause trying to convince my work to use dropbox because of the sheer undertaking of transferring it all, and I'm just a regular employee , but at least dropbox has an upload limiter.

Google Drive just pumps it out as fast as your upload can go, and when I'm uploading 20gb+ raw unedited video files, which I have to do some of the time it takes forEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER.

Setup QoS on a good router. I did that to prevent outgoing email (family likes to send lots of picture attachments) from choking my internet. Essentially my main computer gets High priority and everyone else gets Low so my traffic is always prioritized. That said, 1Mbit outbound is a joke by todays standards and im dying to get 4 or 7 outbound.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

At this point, I'd be ecstatic with 3.
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb

said by resa1983:

At this point, I'd be ecstatic with 3.

Even 2 at this point would be wonderful.. SHAW has offered 2 for years..

nettles
@teksavvy.com

nettles

Anon

Assuming that TSI's speed goes up....what can we expect for $40/month (the current cable 18/512 kbps package with a 300 GB cap)?

Higher speeds and a lower cap?
MrMazda86 (banned)
join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON

MrMazda86 (banned)

What would be ideal is higher speeds and NO cap, given that the cost of maintaining the network has nothing to do with actual data transferred, rather the capacity at which it can be transferred.