Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to nitzguy

Premium Member

to nitzguy

Re: Family of smokers very expensive for Sunwing flight

said by nitzguy:

(Return $598 all taxes in...from Sudbury, not Toronto)

I got two return tickets and a week at a hotel... for $588. Add on the rental car and I was still less than $700.

Flying out of Buffalo makes a gigantic difference.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by Gone:

said by nitzguy:

(Return $598 all taxes in...from Sudbury, not Toronto)

I got two return tickets and a week at a hotel... for $588. Add on the rental car and I was still less than $700.

Flying out of Buffalo makes a gigantic difference.

Well, for me, not so much, consider the potential 6 hour drive ahead of me....I looked at it and on paper I guess it wasn't worth the difference...also would have cut down on my stay there as I needed to be back to work that Monday night...and couldn't have swung it to be back in time then....

But yes for you guys down there, it makes much more sense IMO.

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

Southwest has dicked my FIL a few times in the past, but next year when I head south I'll pay more for a direct Southwest BUF-LAS flight rather than the ordeal that was United on the way back.

I didn't even mention how we got stuck on the tarmac in Newark for an hour packed into a sardine can Embraer 145 because someone overfilled the plane and it needed to be drained.

I hate anything Embraer with a passion. When they load me onto a Bombardier jet I feel like I'm in heaven by comparison.

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini

said by Last Parade:

said by Gone:

Southwest has dicked my FIL a few times in the past, but next year when I head south I'll pay more for a direct Southwest BUF-LAS flight rather than the ordeal that was United on the way back.

I didn't even mention how we got stuck on the tarmac in Newark for an hour packed into a sardine can Embraer 145 because someone overfilled the plane and it needed to be drained.

I hate anything Embraer with a passion. When they load me onto a Bombardier jet I feel like I'm in heaven by comparison.

What's wrong with Embraer? It's a respectable company, such that even Air Canada has them as regional airplane commuters.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to Last Parade

Premium Member

to Last Parade
said by Last Parade:

I suspect that the experience on an Embraer 17x/19x is a *lot* better than on a ERJ.

It's funny you say this though, because I have a friend who feels the complete opposite and hates CRJs with a passion.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by Gone:

said by Last Parade:

I suspect that the experience on an Embraer 17x/19x is a *lot* better than on a ERJ.

It's funny you say this though, because I have a friend who feels the complete opposite and hates CRJs with a passion.

I've enjoyed flights on AC's Embraer jets (I think I was on a 175, but I can't be sure), and as for CRJs it depends on who the carrier is. I didn't mind the AC ones I've been on, but the seats on a United-liveried aircraft were just brutal...to the point where I wasn't sure I'd be able to stand after the flight. Fortunately, I had a long walk at O'Hare to catch my connecting flight to work out the backache.

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

1 edit

corster

Premium Member

My flight to Indianapolis this May consists of.... CRJ 200 from Ottawa to O'Hare, and then an ERJ 145 from O'Hare to Indy.... Not looking forward to it.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

You poor bastard. To say that an ERJ 145 is cramped is an understatement.
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi

so none of the 3 were charged with smoking aboard the aircraft...that was quick....are these charges from bermuda authorities, or otherwise?
will they not have to go to court in canada?

sunwing has them on the no fly list, can other airlines follow suit and put them on the no fly list?

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to corster

Premium Member

to corster
said by corster:

My flight to Indianapolis this May consists of.... CRJ from Ottawa to O'Hare, and then an ERJ 145 from O'Hare to Indy.... Not looking forward to it.

Drive? Rent a car from ORD? My friend google maps says its only about 3 hours from ORD to Indy....

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster

Premium Member

said by nitzguy:

said by corster:

My flight to Indianapolis this May consists of.... CRJ 200 from Ottawa to O'Hare, and then an ERJ 145 from O'Hare to Indy.... Not looking forward to it.

Drive? Rent a car from ORD? My friend google maps says its only about 3 hours from ORD to Indy....

I don't care how uncomfortable a plane is... a 1 hour flight on a CRJ/ERJ is still better than 3 hours in a cramped rental car.

Besides, a flight to ORD would have cost me the same amount.
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi

"The MacNeils are en route back to Canada and have told reporters they will share their side of the story. Good news, too. Because some folks in Nova Scotia are dying to hear it."

»thechronicleherald.ca/no ··· the-town

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

Click for full size
This would have solved all the problems and saved diverting the aircraft.
»www.dailymail.co.uk/news ··· ash.html

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

said by capdjq:

This would have solved all the problems and saved diverting the aircraft.
»www.dailymail.co.uk/news ··· ash.html

Considering the price of booze in Iceland, the fact that he chugged back his duty-free booze and that he couldn't handle it doesn't surprise me one bit

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to jaberi

Premium Member

to jaberi
said by jaberi:

"The MacNeils are en route back to Canada and have told reporters they will share their side of the story. Good news, too. Because some folks in Nova Scotia are dying to hear it."

"We really needed a smoke" ??

How can anyone have another side of the story.

ruddypict
join:2010-03-24

ruddypict

said by urbanriot:

They'll say they were allowed to smoke & swear under the People's Freedom of Choices and Voices Act.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

FiReSTaRT to urbanriot

Premium Member

to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

As long as you don't inhale, it ain't adultery

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam

The family is claiming they didn't smoke on the flight. So was there a statement of a cigarette butt being found from the Airline?

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

Weren't three family members caught in the same bathroom where the smoke was emanating from?

Steve
I know your IP address

join:2001-03-10
Tustin, CA

Steve

said by milnoc:

Weren't three family members caught in the same bathroom where the smoke was emanating from?

said by the fam :

We weren't smoking, honest! We were having a threeway!