uniqs
Dan_voip
join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC

Dan_voip to StillLearn

to StillLearn

Re: [Anveo] Anveo Contacts CSV

Click for full size
To export contacts go to Contact menu and select Contacts. You have to use the button Export to Excel.
I never imported from CSV I just told you what I was thinking it's logical but your observations are right on.
snevl
Premium Member
join:2002-12-15
Aurora, CO

snevl

Premium Member

Just FYI, the Export to Excel has been broken for some time. It writes out a file, but it appears to be just some HTML capture, not readable by Excel.

Steve

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

1 edit

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by snevl:

Just FYI, the Export to Excel has been broken for some time. It writes out a file, but it appears to be just some HTML capture, not readable by Excel.

I don't think it is broken. I just tested by exporting my Contacts using the "Export to Excel" feature and I can open the file without any problems.
DoctorStinky
join:2011-11-10
Brunswick, ME

DoctorStinky to snevl

to snevl
Most likely it's the newer XML-based format that Microsoft adopted with Excel 2007 and above.
snevl
Premium Member
Aurora, CO

snevl to Arne Bolen

Premium Member

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

said by snevl:

I don't think it is broken. I just tested by exporting my Contacts using the "Export to Excel" feature and I can open the file without any problems.

Well, that's interesting. When I click on it Excel (2007) has an error pop-up that the file is not of a recognized format or something like that.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by snevl:

Well, that's interesting. When I click on it Excel (2007) has an error pop-up that the file is not of a recognized format or something like that.

Libre Office, which I use, can open the Excel file without any problems.
snevl
Premium Member
Aurora, CO

snevl

Premium Member

said by Arne Bolen:

said by snevl:

Libre Office, which I use, can open the Excel file without any problems.

Well, since it says Excel, I would think that it should work with Excel as well. It doesn't.
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total

said by snevl:

Well, since it says Excel, I would think that it should work with Excel as well. It doesn't.

Yes, it does, just click the button to open it anyway.

StillLearn
Premium Member
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

StillLearn to Dan_voip

Premium Member

to Dan_voip
said by Dan_voip:

To export contacts go to Contact menu and select Contacts. You have to use the button Export to Excel.
I never imported from CSV I just told you what I was thinking it's logical but your observations are right on.

POP! How could I have missed it? Thanks. opens fine.

For input from CSV, it turns out. that it will accept not only the number format in the CSV, but will accept an 11-digit number with no plus sign also.

Thanks again.
snevl
Premium Member
Aurora, CO

snevl to grand total

Premium Member

to grand total
said by grand total:

said by snevl:

Yes, it does, just click the button to open it anyway.

Good grief - My bad! I could have sworn I tried it, but I guess I didn't. You are right, it does open. I guess it would be better if they could fix the export so that it didn't generate the error, but I am sorry I indicated it doesn't work.

Steve