Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to koira

Premium Member

to koira

Re: Family of smokers very expensive for Sunwing flight

Nor I you, obviously. Your point, smartypants?

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira

Premium Member

My point...your rant about 4 hour flight from hell, pissed off yada yada. You're not much better than the smokers in the OP thanks

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Yeah, because ranting about a redeye with a rude flight crew, the seatbelt light never turning off due to constant turbulence and a rough landing in the god forsaken hellhole known as Newark after it all happened from the comfort of my own home is the same as someone smoking in an airplane and getting into a near-fist fight with the flight crew to the point where they need to do an emergency landing to arrest the assholes.

Then again, considering that your cognitive reasoning allows you to reconcile blaming the airline for what happened rather than the actual people who caused the issue, watching you come to this kind of conclusion about my flight from hell is - unfortunately - something that shouldn't surprise anyone here.

Your move.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by Gone:

Yeah, because ranting about a redeye with a rude flight crew, the seatbelt light never turning off due to constant turbulence and a rough landing in the god forsaken hellhole known as Newark after it all happened from the comfort of my own home is the same as someone smoking in an airplane and getting into a near-fist fight with the flight crew to the point where they need to do an emergency landing to arrest the assholes.

Then again, considering that your cognitive reasoning allows you to reconcile blaming the airline for what happened rather than the actual people who caused the issue, watching you come to this kind of conclusion about my flight from hell is - unfortunately - something that shouldn't surprise anyone here.

Your move.

....I felt turbulence on the way there....on the way back it was quite smooth...although pretty full and the attendant smashed her drink cart against my knee...granted my knee was out in the aisle so maybe I deserved it....

But redeye's are not all they're cracked up to be that's for sure. I would take it over someone doing something stupid like smoking in the washroom even though they say there are smoke detectors...and that's probably what caused the landing...

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

The A320 on the flight there was also a hell of a lot quieter in the cabin than the 737-800 on the way back, too. That, and they provided us with free movies and TV on the A320, whereas on the 737 we got... to pay $8 for Direct TV. Wonderful.

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam

Continental (United) ?

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

The A320 on the flight there was also a hell of a lot quieter in the cabin than the 737-800 on the way back, too. That, and they provided us with free movies and TV on the A320, whereas on the 737 we got... to pay $8 for Direct TV. Wonderful.

The joys of flying a post-merger airline (assuming United-Continental?)

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by corster:

The joys of flying a post-merger airline (assuming United-Continental?)

Ding ding ding ding.

To quote my father-in-law, "Never again."

I_H8_Spam
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam

Airlines I'll always fly

Jetblue, Southwest, Virgin Atlantic, Westjet

Never again

AC, American, United, Transat

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Southwest has dicked my FIL a few times in the past, but next year when I head south I'll pay more for a direct Southwest BUF-LAS flight rather than the ordeal that was United on the way back.

I didn't even mention how we got stuck on the tarmac in Newark for an hour packed into a sardine can Embraer 145 because someone overfilled the plane and it needed to be drained.

I_H8_Spam
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam

I flew the SW BUF-LAS this last summer. Packed flight but no interruptions, I don't expect frills on SW just prompt efficient service.

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to I_H8_Spam

to I_H8_Spam
said by I_H8_Spam:

Never again

I hear so many people say that about Transat yet I have flown them
at least 6-8 times and never had a problem.

FaxCap

I_H8_Spam
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam

said by FaxCap:

said by I_H8_Spam:

Never again

I hear so many people say that about Transat yet I have flown them
at least 6-8 times and never had a problem.

FaxCap

Twice over the pond,

'99 - First delayed for hours at Gatwick as we were returned to gate for an computer error.

'05 - Delayed, then an incredible hot flight for hours, felt really stuffy, hostess was quite snippy on being asked for water. Effected about 20 rows in the middle of the plane, landed in YYZ finally fully drenched in sweat.

nitzguy
Premium Member
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to I_H8_Spam

Premium Member

to I_H8_Spam
said by I_H8_Spam:

Airlines I'll always fly

Jetblue, Southwest, Virgin Atlantic, Westjet

Never again

Considering my very low air mile count....I've never had a problem with AC. And consider the price I paid to go to vegas (Return $598 all taxes in...from Sudbury, not Toronto) it was pretty good overall, flight coming back was delayed, but that's because it was delayed in Toronto...weather related I believe that day so out of airlines control.

Got free movies/tv shows on the AC flight too...bought the crummy headphones but hey at $3.25 it wasn't too bad for the flight there and back...and then I forgot them in my hoodie and they got washed...oh well memories...

I guess since its my only viable option out of Sudbury I don't rail against AC like others do? lol...flew on one of their "Express" planes on the way down (not on the way back) and flight wasn't full so they asked 2 people to move to adjust the planes "ballast" I thought that was hilarious....it was a Q400 or Dash8-400 on the way down...A321 to LAS, which was tiny compared to the 747 that left the gate used for a flight to Heathrow about 4 hours before my flight left. Probably that same A321 back...and crammed into a Dash8-100 with a guy who brought along his ipad for a 50 minute flight...oh well some people .

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by nitzguy:

(Return $598 all taxes in...from Sudbury, not Toronto)

I got two return tickets and a week at a hotel... for $588. Add on the rental car and I was still less than $700.

Flying out of Buffalo makes a gigantic difference.

nitzguy
Premium Member
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by Gone:

said by nitzguy:

(Return $598 all taxes in...from Sudbury, not Toronto)

I got two return tickets and a week at a hotel... for $588. Add on the rental car and I was still less than $700.

Flying out of Buffalo makes a gigantic difference.

Well, for me, not so much, consider the potential 6 hour drive ahead of me....I looked at it and on paper I guess it wasn't worth the difference...also would have cut down on my stay there as I needed to be back to work that Monday night...and couldn't have swung it to be back in time then....

But yes for you guys down there, it makes much more sense IMO.

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

Southwest has dicked my FIL a few times in the past, but next year when I head south I'll pay more for a direct Southwest BUF-LAS flight rather than the ordeal that was United on the way back.

I didn't even mention how we got stuck on the tarmac in Newark for an hour packed into a sardine can Embraer 145 because someone overfilled the plane and it needed to be drained.

I hate anything Embraer with a passion. When they load me onto a Bombardier jet I feel like I'm in heaven by comparison.

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini

said by Last Parade:

said by Gone:

I hate anything Embraer with a passion. When they load me onto a Bombardier jet I feel like I'm in heaven by comparison.

What's wrong with Embraer? It's a respectable company, such that even Air Canada has them as regional airplane commuters.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to Last Parade

Premium Member

to Last Parade
said by Last Parade:

I suspect that the experience on an Embraer 17x/19x is a *lot* better than on a ERJ.

It's funny you say this though, because I have a friend who feels the complete opposite and hates CRJs with a passion.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by Gone:

said by Last Parade:

I suspect that the experience on an Embraer 17x/19x is a *lot* better than on a ERJ.

It's funny you say this though, because I have a friend who feels the complete opposite and hates CRJs with a passion.

I've enjoyed flights on AC's Embraer jets (I think I was on a 175, but I can't be sure), and as for CRJs it depends on who the carrier is. I didn't mind the AC ones I've been on, but the seats on a United-liveried aircraft were just brutal...to the point where I wasn't sure I'd be able to stand after the flight. Fortunately, I had a long walk at O'Hare to catch my connecting flight to work out the backache.

corster
Premium Member
Oshawa, ON

1 edit

corster

Premium Member

My flight to Indianapolis this May consists of.... CRJ 200 from Ottawa to O'Hare, and then an ERJ 145 from O'Hare to Indy.... Not looking forward to it.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

You poor bastard. To say that an ERJ 145 is cramped is an understatement.
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi

so none of the 3 were charged with smoking aboard the aircraft...that was quick....are these charges from bermuda authorities, or otherwise?
will they not have to go to court in canada?

sunwing has them on the no fly list, can other airlines follow suit and put them on the no fly list?

nitzguy
Premium Member
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to corster

Premium Member

to corster
said by corster:

My flight to Indianapolis this May consists of.... CRJ from Ottawa to O'Hare, and then an ERJ 145 from O'Hare to Indy.... Not looking forward to it.

Drive? Rent a car from ORD? My friend google maps says its only about 3 hours from ORD to Indy....

corster
Premium Member
Oshawa, ON

corster

Premium Member

said by nitzguy:

said by corster:

My flight to Indianapolis this May consists of.... CRJ 200 from Ottawa to O'Hare, and then an ERJ 145 from O'Hare to Indy.... Not looking forward to it.

Drive? Rent a car from ORD? My friend google maps says its only about 3 hours from ORD to Indy....

I don't care how uncomfortable a plane is... a 1 hour flight on a CRJ/ERJ is still better than 3 hours in a cramped rental car.

Besides, a flight to ORD would have cost me the same amount.
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi

"The MacNeils are en route back to Canada and have told reporters they will share their side of the story. Good news, too. Because some folks in Nova Scotia are dying to hear it."

»thechronicleherald.ca/no ··· the-town

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

Click for full size
This would have solved all the problems and saved diverting the aircraft.
»www.dailymail.co.uk/news ··· ash.html

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

said by capdjq:

This would have solved all the problems and saved diverting the aircraft.
»www.dailymail.co.uk/news ··· ash.html

Considering the price of booze in Iceland, the fact that he chugged back his duty-free booze and that he couldn't handle it doesn't surprise me one bit

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to jaberi

Premium Member

to jaberi
said by jaberi:

"The MacNeils are en route back to Canada and have told reporters they will share their side of the story. Good news, too. Because some folks in Nova Scotia are dying to hear it."

"We really needed a smoke" ??

How can anyone have another side of the story.

ruddypict
join:2010-03-24

ruddypict

said by urbanriot:

"We really needed a smoke" ??

How can anyone have another side of the story.

They'll say they were allowed to smoke & swear under the People's Freedom of Choices and Voices Act.