Selenia
I love Debian
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
kudos:2
reply to dellsweig

Re: $100 a year to USE MS Office - lol

I have been trying to convert one of the bosses at a work site to OpenOffice. Nice guy and seems to almost be considering it. I suggested it to help him out because I know his budget has been strained lately, but he needs to keep working, somewhat up-to-date hardware. I even told him his office could get by with Linux, and that the training for what most the employees do there would be minimal, especially if he used shells to make some things look like Windows for the employees. He was intrigued. I told him that if all costs of operation are consuming in an IT field, reducing software(even if not eliminating entirely) costs is a rather safe way to cut back and would save more money than cutting workers, who enable excellent customer service clients come back for. He seems to be listening. I wish everyone was that open to ideas. I see what his office does and open free software happens to cover all his bases. Covers all my home and server use too. I can even do most of my Windows software learning(have to know about what they use) via WINE and the rest on the free virtualbox(open source version).