spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kawciousss

@telus.net
reply to Wayne99021

Re: [HomeSecurity] Norton Internet Security.

said by Wayne99021:

I called support and let the tech get into my computer and watched her clean out everything that had to do with Norton and install a patch that was supposed to fix the problem, but didn't.

So did you do due diligence and have the Comcast 'tech' send you their Microsoft certified qualifications for working on Windows systems?

These scam artists isp tech support agents will deny any responsibility for trashing your computer or maliciously deleting files and then deleting the contents of your trash bin.
With Norton and issues, I've had to go into the registry to cautiously delete lines that the uninstaller or updater chokes on resulting in failure of parts of the program..

Sorry, but I hate it when users will openly allow 'unknown qualifications' people to muck about. Its why the scammers from India find it so easy to dupe people with cold calls for access.

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY
reply to Wayne99021
Think I'll stay away from it.

Wayne99021
Premium
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA
kudos:1
reply to kawciousss
First of all, I have seen that argument many, many times, but can't find one person who has had it done have any problems.
Second. To my knowledge it wasn't a Comcast tech who was in my computer, it was a Norton tech who they transferred me to. Did they have a Microsoft A+ certification, I don't have a clue and don't care as long as my computer wasn't bricked.
I watched her and didn't see one thing out of the ordinary, she just did it a hell of a lot faster than I could.
Opinions are like ass holes, everybody has one. mine being if I call a tech support number and the tech has to get into my computer, I will let them. It's not like they are some shadowy figure in a dark ally trying to screw me over. I called them!

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
reply to kawciousss
Microsoft A+ Certification only means they passed a test- it doesn't mean they know anything.

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10

2 edits
reply to Wayne99021
said by Wayne99021:

Opinions are like ass holes, everybody has one.

Allow me to finish that comment for you !

"And they all STINK" !!! LOLLLLL

Wayne99021
Premium
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA
kudos:1
Thanks EG. And I agree!