spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Rickypro6
join:2013-02-04
Tyler, TX

Rickypro6

[Connectivity] Packet Loss Problems

I am a Suddenlink customer in Tyler, Tx. I have been having packet loss problems. My connection speed is great but the "quality" fluctuates. I race online alot and I am getting a "discontinuity" on almost every lap during the races which means my car is blinking in and out continuously. I have had a tech out twice and have had the line from the pole to my house replaced. I have purchased new cable and have run the line straight from where it connects to my house straight to the modem. I have tried with and without my router. The tech called me directly and said he would be out last Friday because his supervisor told him a couple more things he could try but he never showed and I have not heard from him at all. I recently went from a combo phone/modem to a internet only modem but I was having problems with the phone modem too. I have tried new network cables too. Basically everything from the pole to my PC is new. I have some ping plotter pics but I am not sure how to attach them. When I ping plot to www.suddenlink.net I get lost packets on every hop. I have been really happy with Suddenlink and I have been a customer for about 15 years but this is really frustrating! Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.
Ricky Proffer
Rickypro6

Rickypro6

Here is a ping plotter sample set.
ddeda
Huntsville, TX

ddeda to Rickypro6

to Rickypro6
I've had issues since Friday in Huntsville, TX with about 10-20% packet loss, which is just awful enough to prevent online gaming. And I get some complete several-minute outages every once in a while. This is a recent development for me though - I'm not sure if it's directly related to your problems.

Ping statistics for 208.47.185.205:
    Packets: Sent = 619, Received = 557, Lost = 62 (10% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 35ms, Maximum = 304ms, Average = 38ms

SDL L3Tech
join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX

SDL L3Tech to Rickypro6

to Rickypro6
Hello Rickypro. You modem currently shows offline so I am unable to run tests to it. However, I have been running Pingplotter (PP) traces to 3 other modems on your node, 2 on your street and the other isn't. All 3 show packet-loss. I also see a steady stream of upstream errors coming from the node.

This is an obvious RF Plant problem that will have to be isolated and fixed by the local techs. I have emailed the local management all of the information I have which should make it easier to troubleshoot.
Rickypro6
Tyler, TX

1 edit

Rickypro6

Thank you for the quick reply! The reason my modem is off-line is because I brought it with me this morning to go get it replaced. But with the information you have given me I will just take it home and put this one back online. I have been texting back and forth directly with the tech that has been coming to my house. Should I relay this information to him or just let them handle it and not say anything?
Thanks again. The information is much appreciated.
My modem is back online now.

Cdelgado
@suddenlink.net

Cdelgado to Rickypro6

Anon

to Rickypro6
I would like to second this. I am having packet loss as well. It goes away in the middle of the night but it shouldnt only be gone in the middle of the night -_-
Rickypro6
Tyler, TX

Rickypro6

Here is a ping plotter sample to the IP that I race online to.
I had a tech out yesterday to finish up installing a weatherproof box on my house. He said he forwarded the info you gave me earlier in this thread to his supervisor. Hopefully they will find the cause of the problem. My connection has been like this for a few months but I have not noticed it because I just recently started gaming online again.
I have a sample from earlier today that is way worse than the one I just posted.

SDL L3Tech
Tyler, TX

SDL L3Tech to Rickypro6

to Rickypro6
Click for full size
Here are my pings to you and another customer on your node.
I believe we have isolated and squashed the problem. My PP pings are running flawless for the first time since you reported the problem.
Rickypro6
Tyler, TX

Rickypro6

Thank you very much for bringing this problem to the attention of those who could find and fix it. I got lucky in finding this forum and you have been more than helpful and kept me informed along the way. I appreciate that.
I have an online race tomorrow night so hopefully it will run smooth.
Thanks again!

SDL L3Tech
Tyler, TX

SDL L3Tech to Rickypro6

to Rickypro6
No Problem. Just don't forget to put a Suddenlink sticker on your race car!
Rickypro6
Tyler, TX

Rickypro6

Click for full size
Click for full size
Here ya go SDL L3Tech.
I kept my promise!

SDL L3Tech
Tyler, TX

SDL L3Tech

LOL! Nice!

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle to Rickypro6

Premium Member

to Rickypro6
ROFL, can see it now. User gets sued for copyright infringement by using name of provider!!! LMAO