how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Inquisitor

@optonline.net
reply to Inquisitor

Re: Boost Plus Domain Registration

While I certainly appreciate all the wonderful suggestions and workarounds, it would be even better if someone who actually knows the answers to my actual questions might actually answer my actual questions.

It is surprising to me that nobody on this forum has ever gone through this particular scenario.

Thanks in any event.

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online
I don't think anyone here uses the boost plus domain for anything they care about - mostly use it just because they have it, and are not using it for anything serious precisely for the questions you asked.

Yes, the domain is yours and you can renew or transfer to another registrar of your choosing. Hostway and CV do not have any control over the rules of domain ownership and transfers, and are required to abide by ICANN's policies. If your new registrar has any problem with the transfer, THEY (not you) can file a dispute with ICANN.
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

RARPSL

join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY
said by jaa:

I don't think anyone here uses the boost plus domain for anything they care about - mostly use it just because they have it, and are not using it for anything serious precisely for the questions you asked.

Just be aware that the hosting account is bare-bones. You get the basic HTML and Email support but nothing more (ie: No PHP, MySQL, etc.). I think they will sell you a full account for extra money.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
This says otherwise - »www.optimum.com/home-internet-se···ures.jsp
quote:
Free Software/Scripts Included:

Your own CGI-BIN
Perl v5.x, C++, gcc, TCL, Python, SSI
PHP4
Counter
FormMail
Interactives -- quiz
Interactives -- poll
Interactives -- guestbook
Interactives -- message board
Siteblog

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
PHP4 and Dual Pentium 4 class processor? Wow, those must be some cutting edge computers...from 1998.
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

RARPSL

join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY
reply to Bob4
said by Bob4:

This says otherwise - »www.optimum.com/home-internet-se···ures.jsp

quote:
Free Software/Scripts Included:

Your own CGI-BIN
Perl v5.x, C++, gcc, TCL, Python, SSI
PHP4
Counter
FormMail
Interactives -- quiz
Interactives -- poll
Interactives -- guestbook
Interactives -- message board
Siteblog

OOPS. I'll have to check again or see if there was an additional activation step. My impression of no PHP support was due to having a test.php file containing getting rejected due to the server not knowing how to handle a *.php file.