how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

btB

@rr.com
reply to dellsweig

Re: $100 a year to USE MS Office - lol

You do realize that there is the regular Office 2013 if you do not want to the subscription thing.

The major benefit of Office365 will have 5 licenses that you activate/deactivate on-the-fly for versions of Office on multiple OS/devices. You do not even have to uninstall it if you want to temporarily deactivate it. Management of licenses is done from a web-interface, so physical access to the machine is not required. You can install Office on any number of systems. We are not talking about only the Windows version either. The new Office will be on other OS's. Note that there will be no standalone Office 2013 for non-MS mobile operating systems. Instead if you want Office on a non-MS mobile OS, you will need Office365.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

Who would possibly want Office on Linux?

If it is cloud software...no way would I touch it. It has the crap ribbon anyway. I don't use cloud software and don't intend to ever. Cloud is a plot/setup designed to really hurt users. Stay away from the cloud entirely!

I use Open Office. I don't need Microsoft's over priced cloud junk. I did love Word 2002 and Office XP but since that ...HORRIBLE stuff.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson