spc
Search similar:

uniqs

BBen
@bresnan.net

BBen

Anon

[OOL] optimum really slow past week or so

Over the past week or so my connection in the evenings has gotten really bad. Right now I am getting »www.speedtest.net/result ··· 1926.png which is quite frustrating. Sometimes it gets so bad that my games lag out (which can ruin hardcore D3!)

My »www.optimum.net/west/speedcheck/ is showing 12mbps down and 4.5mbps up.

I pay for a 30/5 and it is quite frustrating when I am unable to use the connection I am paying extra for (I pay $65/mo for the 'speed boost').

Does anyone know if this is just a Montana issue or all of OOL? Is this just my connection? My brother lives a few miles away and has been having the same problems...

How can I fix this? It is becoming a huge issue for me...

Bleh,
Ben
root
join:2002-12-11

root

said by BBen :

Over the past week or so my connection in the evenings has gotten really bad. Right now I am getting »www.speedtest.net/result ··· 1926.png which is quite frustrating. Sometimes it gets so bad that my games lag out (which can ruin hardcore D3!)

My »www.optimum.net/west/speedcheck/ is showing 12mbps down and 4.5mbps up.

I pay for a 30/5 and it is quite frustrating when I am unable to use the connection I am paying extra for (I pay $65/mo for the 'speed boost').

Does anyone know if this is just a Montana issue or all of OOL? Is this just my connection? My brother lives a few miles away and has been having the same problems...

How can I fix this? It is becoming a huge issue for me...

Bleh,
Ben

Are you connected direct to the modem or through a router? Test it direct if you are not already. Then you should probably Cablevision afterwards if the issue persists.

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna to BBen

Premium Member

to BBen
It's not all of OOL and I doubt it's even most of Montana.

Have you called OOL?
UnknownBeing
join:2012-12-30
Stamford, CT

UnknownBeing to BBen

to BBen
Are you using the optimum provided router? After the update the speeds got about 20mbps slower.