Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to Wayne99021

Re: [HomeSecurity] Norton Internet Security.

said by Wayne99021:

Has anyone else downloaded the New Norton from Comcast? before it was 360v6
I got a new computer and down loaded version 20.2.0.19 from Comcast.
Every morning I get an error 8506.421 where I lose all the functions in Norton until I reboot the computer, then everything comes back to normal. I have to do that every morning.
I called support and let the tech get into my computer and watched her clean out everything that had to do with Norton and install a patch that was supposed to fix the problem, but didn't.
I normally don't turn my computer off every night, but do now because I don't know if the security is working or not while that error is there.

Yes, I tried the new version, and you are lucky that all it does is clobber itself. I had two Windows XP workstations that would crash several times per day after that version got installed. When I tried to reinstall the older version, it installed, but it would not activate. I have now switched to MSE combined with ThreatFire for all of my Windows boxes (and of course the Windows firewall). That combination works quite well, and I doubt that I will bother to even try Norton/Symantec again (although I am technically using Symantec since they recently bought the company that marketed ThreatFire).
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.